Troubleshoot your device issues
mlbrady30's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, December 31st, 2008 5:10 AM

Closed

Blackjack II with WM 6.1 -- Where to put my personal Ringtones.

I recently upgrade my Blackjack II to Windows Mobile 6.1.  I have several MP3 ringtones that i want to use as custom ringtones.  i have placed them in the my documents folder, but when i go to my contacts and try to edit a contact to add a custom ringtone they are not on the list.  These are ringtones that worked fine under WM 6.0.  Help!!
Message Edited by mlbrady30 on 12-30-2008 09:14:55 PM

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

15 years ago

Blackjack II Ringtones above 300kb

From unkalledfor

I know this has been explained a million times, but this may help....

Step 1:
If you have Windows XP:
-- Make sure you have ActiveSync 4.5+ installed and working properly with your BJ2
-- Download link for ActiveSync 4.5: http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/4/6/5467c040-a935-4987-aa30-5dcbc36a57db/setup.msi

If you have Windows Vista:
-- Make sure you have Windows Mobile Device Center working properly with your BJ2
-- Download link for WMDC, just in case your Vista doesn't have it already installed: http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/f/2/cf2e986b-015a-4f0e-92ff-75f461f6e48e/drvupdate-x86.exe (this is for Vista 32-bit)

Do not skip Step one, or nothing will work past this point.. Your computer must recognized your BJ2 when connected via USB cable or Bluetooth. If you are sure, proceed to the next step.

Step 2:
Download and extract/unzip Mobile Registry Editor v 1.1
-- Link: http://www.breaksoft.com/Download/MRE/MobileRegistryEditor.zip

Step 3:
-- Connect your phone via USB cable and wait until it is recognized by your computer
-- Open the MobileRegistryEditor.exe you extracted in Step 2

-- Once it's loaded.. Click on the [+] sign next to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" to expand the keys under it:

-- Next, click on the [+] sign next to "ControlPanel" to expand the keys under it:

-- Next, click DIRECTLY onto the word "Sounds" (do not click the [+])
-- You should see some registry entries on the right panel now:
-- Finally, double click on the registry entry labeled "FileSizeLimit"
-- A pop-up box should come up as in the below screenshot
-- Change whatever value is there to 10240000 (this will allow you to use files up to 10MB in size)
-- Click OK, and close the program, you're DONE!

Step 4:
Upload MP3 files to your "My Sounds" folder to be able to set them as your ringtones...

This can be done by going to "My Computer" and double clicking your device...
Next, click on the drive inside your device:

Next, open the folder "My Documents", and then the folder "My Sounds"...
You can copy/paste any MP3 file in here...

Now in your phone, go to Settings > Sounds> Ringtone

Scroll through the ringtone list, and you should see all your newly added ringtones

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

15 years ago

I have a MyRingtones folder under MyDocuments in WM6.1 but on an Epix not BJII, do you not have that?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

No, there is a sounds folder, but i have tried there with no luck either.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks - worked.  I was unaware of this "trick" as the same file work on my BJ II before i upgraded to WM 6.1.

Solved

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

15 years ago

@mlbrady30 wrote:

Thanks - worked.  I was unaware of this "trick" as the same file work on my BJ II before i upgraded to WM 6.1.

Solved

Cool, I'm glad it worked.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

OK this is the 1st time I am doing this so I am most likely doing it wrong but here goes.  I have the original Blackjack upgraded with Windows mobile 6.  I was searching on how to use a downloaded song as a ringtone and something I read suggested deleting the "FileSizeLimit" under sounds in the registry.  Which I did and now when I go to add the song as a ring tone the phone tells me that the file size cannot be more than 0 KB.

Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

15 years ago

@econroy wrote:
OK this is the 1st time I am doing this so I am most likely doing it wrong but here goes.  I have the original Blackjack upgraded with Windows mobile 6.  I was searching on how to use a downloaded song as a ringtone and something I read suggested deleting the "FileSizeLimit" under sounds in the registry.  Which I did and now when I go to add the song as a ring tone the phone tells me that the file size cannot be more than 0 KB.

When I delete the value it told me ringtone must be less the 0KB. So my way around this was to just increase the size allowed for ringtones. I set mine to 16000000 bytes. Which allows about a 15 to16 MB file to be loaded as a ring tone. 

Give this a try.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

Greetings!

Great help. did all that you described and it worked great. Now i have my custom tones as my ringtones...that is awesome!

Now i need to know how to edit the registry on my BJ2 to get my custom tone for (new email, new text message, new voice message, reminders, etc.) These tones are kept in Settings\Sound\Other Sounds and they are usually wav, wma, and mmf formats. they may actually be my device\Windows but i am not sure.All i need is someone who have done this or know how to or can point me to any document that can show how. Ans if my phone becomes an expensive door stopper, that is still cool. I can learn to live with that

Thanks in advance

Headley

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

14 years ago

@hsappleton wrote:

Greetings!

Great help. did all that you described and it worked great. Now i have my custom tones as my ringtones...that is awesome!

Now i need to know how to edit the registry on my BJ2 to get my custom tone for (new email, new text message, new voice message, reminders, etc.) These tones are kept in Settings\Sound\Other Sounds and they are usually wav, wma, and mmf formats. they may actually be my device\Windows but i am not sure.All i need is someone who have done this or know how to or can point me to any document that can show how. Ans if my phone becomes an expensive door stopper, that is still cool. I can learn to live with that

Thanks in advance

Headley

Check my post in this thread, it should help you:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsmobile/thread/d9a93611-bbab-4faf-930c-27f382dcc6e6

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.