Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 4, 2009
10:44:38 AM
Blackjack II problems, please help!

I love my Blackjack II but unfortunately I left it at work with some non-smart phone savvy people and my alarm went off. Robot surprisedSo they panicked and pressed every button.Robot Sad I think they somehow muted my audio playback. My phone rings, and you can hear alarms going off, but when you go to listen to a song in the windows media player there is no sound, I can mute and un-mute it, and see that its not muted and still no sound. Thought it was a media player problem BUT when I go to change my ringers and where you would normally hear a sample of it before choosing it nothing plays. (and yes the phone is set to Normal)

Went through all of my system options even profiles and changed it so during silent mode (in case its secretly on silent although it says normal) it will still make noise.

Turned it off and on several times. Think it has something to do with my silent button, I've never used it, but a coworker told me they were mashing that button over and over trying to get it to stop. (I must admit my alarm is pretty annoying)

So pulling up info on the button it says that you just press and hold it to switch to silent mode. At first, no matter how long I held it, it didn't work. Turned the phone off and back on and pressed it and it switched to silent mode, pressed it again and it switched back to normal mode but my alarm went off (the sound, not an actual alarm, it just played the whole tone with no way to stop it) I did that twice. Still the same.

Oddly the second time I restarted it, it did not pick up my Bluetooth headset, but the 3rd time it did. (set to do that automatically if my headset is on)

will keep restarting it, it might just be overwhelmed but if anyone knows about any "internal" way to just turn off the playback sound please let me know so I can see if that's it.

I love my Blackjack II but unfortunately I left it at work with some non-smart phone savvy people and my alarm went off. Robot surprisedSo they panicked and pressed every button.Robot Sad I think they somehow muted my audio playback. My phone rings, and you can hear alarms going off, but when you go to listen to a song in the windows media player there is no sound, I can mute and un-mute it, and see that its not muted and still no sound. Thought it was a media player problem BUT when I go to change my ringers and where you would normally hear a sample of it before choosing it nothing plays. (and yes the phone is set to Normal)

Went through all of my system options even profiles and changed it so during silent mode (in case its secretly on silent although it says normal) it will still make noise.

Turned it off and on several times. Think it has something to do with my silent button, I've never used it, but a coworker told me they were mashing that button over and over trying to get it to stop. (I must admit my alarm is pretty annoying)

So pulling up info on the button it says that you just press and hold it to switch to silent mode. At first, no matter how long I held it, it didn't work. Turned the phone off and back on and pressed it and it switched to silent mode, pressed it again and it switched back to normal mode but my alarm went off (the sound, not an actual alarm, it just played the whole tone with no way to stop it) I did that twice. Still the same.

Oddly the second time I restarted it, it did not pick up my Bluetooth headset, but the 3rd time it did. (set to do that automatically if my headset is on)

will keep restarting it, it might just be overwhelmed but if anyone knows about any "internal" way to just turn off the playback sound please let me know so I can see if that's it.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 4, 2009 7:53:38 PM
(0)
Professor
try hitting the up button on the volume rocker to make sure that the volume is indeed all the way up.
Accepted Solution

Blackjack II problems, please help!

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2009 7:50:38 PM
(0)
Professor

How about turning off all your alarm settings first, ,then turn your phone off/on and see what happens. If that doesn't correct this issue, try a "soft" rest. with the phone on, remove the battery cover and take out the battery. let it sit for a minute or two, reinstall the battery and turn it on.

If the problem contiues, you can try a "hard" reset. Before I telll you how to complete the hard reset, let me tell you that this action will put the BJ2 back to out of the box condition. Except that if you have the WM6.1 upgrade, it will stay as well as the information you have on the SIM card, your contacts.Leave your SIM card in the phone.

1. Turn off the phone

2. before powering on with the button on top of the phone hold down the Up key on the direction pad/dial and while holding this down push the power button on top of the phone

3. a screen will come up asking you do you want to reset the phone back to factory settings

4. follow the prompts saying yes and there you have it, your done.

Like I said, after this, your BJ2 will be back to out-of-the-box condition...meaning you will have to reset it back to settings you want. Kind of a PIA but it will stop this issue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

How about turning off all your alarm settings first, ,then turn your phone off/on and see what happens. If that doesn't correct this issue, try a "soft" rest. with the phone on, remove the battery cover and take out the battery. let it sit for a minute or two, reinstall the battery and turn it on.

If the problem contiues, you can try a "hard" reset. Before I telll you how to complete the hard reset, let me tell you that this action will put the BJ2 back to out of the box condition. Except that if you have the WM6.1 upgrade, it will stay as well as the information you have on the SIM card, your contacts.Leave your SIM card in the phone.

1. Turn off the phone

2. before powering on with the button on top of the phone hold down the Up key on the direction pad/dial and while holding this down push the power button on top of the phone

3. a screen will come up asking you do you want to reset the phone back to factory settings

Like I said, after this, your BJ2 will be back to out-of-the-box condition...meaning you will have to reset it back to settings you want. Kind of a PIA but it will stop this issue.

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

Re: Blackjack II problems, please help!

2 of 11 (4,534 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 4, 2009 7:53:38 PM
(0)
Professor
try hitting the up button on the volume rocker to make sure that the volume is indeed all the way up.

3 of 11 (4,531 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2009 7:57:01 PM
(0)
Professor

jii wrote:

You know, that sounds so easy, I didn't even think of that.

Thanks for making me think clearer.

Hopefully this works before doing the hard reset.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

jii wrote:

You know, that sounds so easy, I didn't even think of that.

Thanks for making me think clearer.

Hopefully this works before doing the hard reset.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

4 of 11 (4,528 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2009 8:06:57 PM
(0)
Professor
yea, i bumped into that same problem once when i first got my bj1. took me a lil while too ;p
yea, i bumped into that same problem once when i first got my bj1. took me a lil while too ;p

5 of 11 (4,524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2009 9:26:09 PM
(0)
Professor

jii wrote:

LOL, I am so glad to hear I am not the only one who has overlooked that button.  When I first got my phone, I was complaining to my daughter that I couldn't hear any ringtones so something MUST be wrong with my phone. She looked at it about 30 seconds, found the volumn button and turned it up. It had been all the way down!!! And she was so smug about it!!!

jii wrote:

LOL, I am so glad to hear I am not the only one who has overlooked that button.  When I first got my phone, I was complaining to my daughter that I couldn't hear any ringtones so something MUST be wrong with my phone. She looked at it about 30 seconds, found the volumn button and turned it up. It had been all the way down!!! And she was so smug about it!!!

6 of 11 (4,504 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 4, 2009 10:11:01 PM
(0)
Professor

smmonfee wrote:

jii wrote:

Oh yeah, I know that my daughter would do the same Smugness, because she has been like that when she catches me in anything she can one-up me and loves to rub my nose in it too.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

smmonfee wrote:

jii wrote:

Oh yeah, I know that my daughter would do the same Smugness, because she has been like that when she catches me in anything she can one-up me and loves to rub my nose in it too.

~~~Seth Mendenhall

7 of 11 (4,497 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2009 10:36:41 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by acday1001 on Jan 6, 2009 at 10:55:00 PM

did that like a million times, but thank you Robot Very Happy says 100% in the media player, and even my earpiece volume is maxed out Robot wink

update: i'm a fool, i just re-checked that and the earpiece was on 0% (i coulda sworn it was maxed out.. i'm such a blonde some days) sooo happy i didn't hard or soft reset it, i'm such a goober! Robot Very Happy i'm even more dumb for sounding so cocky 2 seconds ago to find out i'm like an uber goober. Smiley Very Happy

on the same note, how silly is it for my ringers to work and my alarm but just not the little alerts and my media player when the earpiece is down? why not everything? thats what makes it so confusing. what help would that be if in a meeting they can still hear people calling me, just not the mp3 i downloaded? lol -- a problem they can fix with the BJIII i suppose Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by acday1001 on 01-06-2009 10:53:49 PM
Message Edited by acday1001 on 01-06-2009 10:54:38 PM
Message Edited by acday1001 on 01-06-2009 10:55:00 PM

did that like a million times, but thank you Robot Very Happy says 100% in the media player, and even my earpiece volume is maxed out Robot wink

update: i'm a fool, i just re-checked that and the earpiece was on 0% (i coulda sworn it was maxed out.. i'm such a blonde some days) sooo happy i didn't hard or soft reset it, i'm such a goober! Robot Very Happy i'm even more dumb for sounding so cocky 2 seconds ago to find out i'm like an uber goober. Smiley Very Happy

on the same note, how silly is it for my ringers to work and my alarm but just not the little alerts and my media player when the earpiece is down? why not everything? thats what makes it so confusing. what help would that be if in a meeting they can still hear people calling me, just not the mp3 i downloaded? lol -- a problem they can fix with the BJIII i suppose Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by acday1001 on 01-06-2009 10:53:49 PM
Message Edited by acday1001 on 01-06-2009 10:54:38 PM
Message Edited by acday1001 on 01-06-2009 10:55:00 PM

[ Edited ]
8 of 11 (4,290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2009 10:40:45 PM
(0)
Professor

acday1001 wrote:

OOK, did you try the "soft" rest. If not, give it a shot and see what happens. With the phone on, remove the battery cover and take out the battery. let it sit for a minute or two, reinstall the battery and turn it on.

1. Turn off the phone

~~~Seth Mendenhall

acday1001 wrote:

OOK, did you try the "soft" rest. If not, give it a shot and see what happens. With the phone on, remove the battery cover and take out the battery. let it sit for a minute or two, reinstall the battery and turn it on.

1. Turn off the phone

~~~Seth Mendenhall

9 of 11 (4,288 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2009 10:58:55 PM
(0)
Tutor
 i fixed it, thank you for your help ghostryder Smiley Very Happy i'm just a little special somedays Smiley Very Happy (see my reply above)
 i fixed it, thank you for your help ghostryder Smiley Very Happy i'm just a little special somedays Smiley Very Happy (see my reply above)

10 of 11 (4,282 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2009 11:16:30 PM
(0)
Professor

acday1001 wrote:

No prob...

Now, keep that soft and hard reset instructions.

The soft reset will not change your BJ2 back to "out-of-the-box" settings like the hard reset, but the soft reset will cure a lot of strange actions the BJ2 might do. So hang on to the instructions cuz you might need them some day.

Smiley Happy 

~~~Seth Mendenhall

acday1001 wrote:

No prob...

Now, keep that soft and hard reset instructions.

The soft reset will not change your BJ2 back to "out-of-the-box" settings like the hard reset, but the soft reset will cure a lot of strange actions the BJ2 might do. So hang on to the instructions cuz you might need them some day.

Smiley Happy 

~~~Seth Mendenhall

11 of 11 (1,587 Views)