For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
kcwalker's profile

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

Thursday, January 15th, 2009 11:39 PM

Closed

Blackjack 2 - contacts from SIM to Outlook

I have 2 cell phones. The nice lady at the AT&T stored transfered all the phone numbers from SIM Card for Phone 1 to SIM Card for Phone 2 (my BJ II). That's nice, now I have my contacts on my Blackjack. Now, I want to synch them to my Outlook Contacts.

I have ActiveSync installed and configured. It seems to synch contacts FROM Outlook TO my BJ II. But none of the contacts on the SIM card synched TO my Outlook Contacts. Bummer  :^(

Do I have to move the contacts from the SIM Card to the phone first? If so, how to do for 100+ names (1 by 1 isn't an option).

FYI - I found mention of M2SimCopy. Anyone have experience with this? I can't figure out how to load to the phone and run.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

15 years ago

Any folder on your phone. Then go to you phone, fire up File Explorer (All programs->Applications->File Explorer) to open the cab file to start installation. It would be easier if you use the IE on the phone to download it directly.

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

15 years ago

In order for your contacts to be syncable, assign photo ID, ringtone etc, you must move contacts from SIM to phone. Out of box, you can only move 1 at a time. Like you found out, you need to find that 3rd party application to copy all at once. If the application comes in as a cab file, download to the phone and open the cab file. It will automatically start installation. If it comes in as an EXE file, you need to launch it on PC while phone is connected via ActiveSync so that the application can be installed from PC to the phone.

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

15 years ago

OK, I think I'm getting close....I have a CAB file so need to download to the phone.

I assume you mean put in the CAB file in the "SGH-i617" synch folder & "synch"

Does it matter which folder?? (I assume it has to be in "the right place".)

Once I have it on the phone, how do I "open the file"?

Sorry for the newbie questions, but I'm new to this phone.

It may be based on Windows CE, but 20 years of computer experience doesn't seem to help.

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

15 years ago

foxbat121 wrote: 
It would be easier if you use the IE on the phone to download it directly.

We have a BINGO!

Synch didn't work w/ the file in My Pictures, Video, etc, but the IE download works perfectly.

It downloads to "My Documents" and then auto-magically installs M2simcopy.

From there, everything was pretty simple. Thanks a bunch!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.