For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
henley_21's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 13th, 2014 5:31 AM

AT&T HTC 8x on Verizon?

My mom recently gave me her old HTC 8x blue smart phone. Unaware my dad has me on a Verizon plan. I would love to have this phone but I just don't know how to get it to work correctly with my sim card in it. Please help. Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi henley_21,

The AT&T Model of the HTC 8X is missing the Verizon LTE bands as well as the CDMA radio and it will not work on their network. The AT&T 8X is designed to only work on AT&T's network in the US. If you do get it unlocked, you would be able to use it on other GSM carriers, such as T-Mobile.

Your mom would have to submit for the unlock code. She can visit www.att.com/deviceunlock or contact customer care and they can file for the unlock for her.

Hope this Help!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I have another question for you. I  bought an htc 8c verizon unlocked and i tried it with an att sim card, the line work fine but the internet doesn't work. but i did the same thing with a t-mobile sim card and everything worked perfectly, why?

and my second question is if a bring a nokia 925 unlocked from t-mobile, will it work with an att sim card?

thanks for you help.!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.