Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 12, 2014
9:31:43 PM
View profile
AT&T HTC 8x on Verizon?
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Jan 13, 2014 at 12:23:20 PM

My mom recently gave me her old HTC 8x blue smart phone. Unaware my dad has me on a Verizon plan. I would love to have this phone but I just don't know how to get it to work correctly with my sim card in it. Please help. Thank you.

My mom recently gave me her old HTC 8x blue smart phone. Unaware my dad has me on a Verizon plan. I would love to have this phone but I just don't know how to get it to work correctly with my sim card in it. Please help. Thank you.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 13, 2014 5:52:13 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Jan 13, 2014 at 12:23:37 PM

Hi henley_21,

The AT&T Model of the HTC 8X is missing the Verizon LTE bands as well as the CDMA radio and it will not work on their network. The AT&T 8X is designed to only work on AT&T's network in the US. If you do get it unlocked, you would be able to use it on other GSM carriers, such as T-Mobile.

Your mom would have to submit for the unlock code. She can visit www.att.com/deviceunlock or contact customer care and they can file for the unlock for her.

Hope this Help!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

AT&T HTC 8x on Verizon?

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 13, 2014 5:52:13 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Jan 13, 2014 at 12:23:37 PM

Hi henley_21,

The AT&T Model of the HTC 8X is missing the Verizon LTE bands as well as the CDMA radio and it will not work on their network. The AT&T 8X is designed to only work on AT&T's network in the US. If you do get it unlocked, you would be able to use it on other GSM carriers, such as T-Mobile.

Your mom would have to submit for the unlock code. She can visit www.att.com/deviceunlock or contact customer care and they can file for the unlock for her.

Hope this Help!

Hi henley_21,

Hope this Help!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: AT&T HTC 8x on Verizon?

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (9,501 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2014 7:38:40 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have another question for you. I  bought an htc 8c verizon unlocked and i tried it with an att sim card, the line work fine but the internet doesn't work. but i did the same thing with a t-mobile sim card and everything worked perfectly, why?

and my second question is if a bring a nokia 925 unlocked from t-mobile, will it work with an att sim card?

thanks for you help.!!!

I have another question for you. I  bought an htc 8c verizon unlocked and i tried it with an att sim card, the line work fine but the internet doesn't work. but i did the same thing with a t-mobile sim card and everything worked perfectly, why?

and my second question is if a bring a nokia 925 unlocked from t-mobile, will it work with an att sim card?

thanks for you help.!!!

Re: AT&T HTC 8x on Verizon?

3 of 3 (7,018 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments