For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
chintan_shah's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 18th, 2012 3:09 PM

2nd Lumia 920 having issues - Tired of getting BAD DEVICES

I bought a new LUMIA 920 under a contract for 2 year, within 20 days Front Camera started having issues and Guess What....Att replaces a BRAND NEW phone with a Refurbished Phone.

I thought may be NOT ALL Refurbished are BAD and accepted the offer from Att. So after 7 days of using the REFURBISHED LUMIA 920 - This piece has developed a different problem.

I now see the issue with the proximity sensor. Everytime I call someone and remove the phone from my ear to place it on Speaker Phone - the phone does not light up. When I press the power button to light up the screen, it will light up for a fraction of second and than go dark again.

That Apart Att charged me for all the messages which were going through FB and Whatapp App. The rep credited me 40$ for that, but COME ON Att - is this the torchure I have to go through after a phone upgrade and STAYING COMMITTED FOR 5+ YEARS.

Also, I was promised a call back from ATT rep for my Wireless Charging Plate and that call is YET TO BE RECEIVED.

So SHOULD I EXPECT ANOTHER BAD PATHETIC REFURBISHED LUMIA 920 or I CAN EXPECT SOME PROFESSIONALISM FROM ATT to GET ME A NEW DEVICE WHICH WILL WORK?????

Chintan

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

11 years ago

The proximity sensor sensitivty issue happes with all 920s, it's due to be addressed in software one hopes. In the mean time you can try any of these things to fix it until the next time it happens...

* clean the glass by the N in nokia - sometimes a smudge causes that...

* turn on the front facing camera (open camera app, switch to front camera, switch to back camera) - resets the proximity sensor

* power off/power on the phone (soft reboot - press and hold power button until slide to unlock, then slide, then after it goes dark press power button again.)

In short, there is nothing "wrong" with your refurb - mine does this too every now and then, one of the above fixes it until the next time. You can of course ask for a new one, but it will just as likely do the same thing until the software issue is fixed by Nokia

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks Johninsj,

I discovered it is the Skinomi Screen Protector to be the issue. I removed the cover and it works just fine. I have contacted Skinomi for the refund.

Sometime frustration just get directed in wrong direction 🙂

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

11 years ago

the proximity sensor is too sensitive, I still hope a future update tones it down a bit or lets the user set how sensitive it is...glad you found out what was tripping yours up!

Scholar

• 

308 Messages

11 years ago

@johninsj wrote:

The proximity sensor sensitivty issue happes with all 920s,

Pretty broad statment. We have two with no problems.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

Your whole "OMGZ, REFURBISHED EQUALS BAAADDD!" attitude is just silly. 90% of the time, refurbs will get even more attention as far as quality testing from the vendor than their brand new counterparts, as vendors do not want a lemon/faulty device/piece of garbage coming back. Also, with a refurb you will often times get brand new hardware on top of firmware updates, whereas brand new devices get no updates as they sit in their boxes until they're bought.

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

11 years ago

@JohnnyWalkerBlue wrote:

@johninsj wrote:

The proximity sensor sensitivty issue happes with all 920s,

Pretty broad statment. We have two with no problems.

its sensitive to anything on the glass - even smudges. I am hoping they turned the setting a little lower on the new update.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.