Troubleshoot your device issues
Wldcohso's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, November 12th, 2012 5:34 PM

1.5GB of data in two days... what gives?

After moving over from Sprint to AT&T for the Lumia 920 some how I've used 1.5GB of data in 2 days.. On Sprint it would take me half a month to go through that much data.. anyone else having this problem? I'm not doing anything differently on my L920 compared to my Sprint phone...

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

I left Sprint Friday morning as well

I have been worried about data use since ATT plans different from Sprints "unlimited" and after checking this morning with 2 Lumia 920's on a shared 4g plan we have both used 0.1 of data each. Great news for I was worried about live tiles data usage

In case you don't know if you are streaming music for example and lockscreen goes on your wifi turns off and you start using network data,MS has acknowledged problem and is working on a patch..... http://wmpoweruser.com/joe-belfiore-wifi-sleep-issue-in-windows-phone-will-be-fixed/ I don't know if that might be part of your issue but 1.5GB since release does seem high,hope I could help

I live in middle of nowhere northern California so only time I'm on wi-fi is at home or other peoples houses I know well so Im watching my usage closely this first month. ATT account page tracks and shows your data usage easily, I've found call sound quality and data speeds kick sprints a** where I live and plan is $10 cheaper than was with sprint after my union discount!!!!!!

Very glad I left,hope your experience gets better

Professor

• 

1.2K Messages

11 years ago

I would suspect SkyDrive.  Cloud computing sounds very nice, but the fact is that it takes large amounts of data.  I turned off most of the cloud services to avoid this.

Professor

• 

451 Messages

11 years ago

I would keep an eye on it for the month. Your initial setup will be data intensive. You are right though, that is a lot of data for two days.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Come to find out WiFi does turn off if not being charged.. this really sucks... AT&T kicks Sprint tail when it comes to data speeds.. I rarely went over 2GB of data so 3 should be just fine for me..

Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

11 years ago

@Wldcohso wrote:

Come to find out WiFi does turn off if not being charged.. this really sucks... AT&T kicks Sprint tail when it comes to data speeds.. I rarely went over 2GB of data so 3 should be just fine for me..

Yep, just like on iPhone and every other smart phone... your battery would last about 5 hours if wifi was on all the time.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.