Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
tabitha4L's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, May 3rd, 2010 12:51 AM

microsoft outlook with tilt 2.

My phone is set to sync to my email i receive in microsoft outlook, no i wasn't the one to set it up, and i need to change my account unfurtunately i'm on my own with this. I have no idea how to remove it from my phone so i no longer get the email from my old outlook email account and am seeking guidance here. I just need to delete the account already setup so i can try to figure out how to setup the new one and can't figure this out they could've made this process alot easier and straight forward than this it's too hard to figure out and i consider myself a little above average when it comes to electronics. Again, seeking guidance if you know the answer.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

If the email account was set up using ActiveSync, you can delete the account by following the below steps:

1. Go to Start.
  2. Select ActiveSync.
  3. Then tap Menu.
  4. Tap Options.
  5. Select Microsoft Exchange.
  6. Tap Delete.
  7. To confirm deletion, tap Yes.

If the email account was set up using a personal account (ex: gmail, aol, etc), you can delete the account by following the below steps:

1. From the Today screen, tap Start.
  2. Tap Messaging.
  3. Tap E-mail.
  4. Highlight desired account to delete.
    NOTE:  Use the navigational keys from the keyboard to highlight item.
  5. Tap Menu.
  6. Tap Delete.
  7. To confirm deletion, tap Yes.

You can also find these steps and how to re-configure an email account at our Answer Center at www.wireless.att.com/answer-center and search for “Configure Microsoft Direct Push for the HTC Tilt 2” if setting it up with ActiveSync or search for “Configure Device E-mail Client for the HTC Tilt 2”, if setting it up with a personal account.  Or click on one of the below links to take you directly to the Answer Center;

If you are still having issues or have any other questions please feel free to contact our online business support team by going to www.att.com/biztech, selecting your device, and then clicking “Chat Now” on the following page.

Not finding what you're looking for?