Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
live123's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, August 1st, 2014 2:21 PM

Samsung Ativ S Neo and phone 8.1

Any guess if the ATT samsung phone will ever see an update?  I think ATT could at least give an indication of when or if particular phones will get updated.

Former Employee

• 

32 Messages

10 years ago

Hi live123,

We will keep you posted if an update becomes available.

Thanks for your posting,

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I appreciate your taking the time to reply to my question. I never had any doubt that I would receive notice when an upgrade would be available.  My questions was about predicting or suggesting when it might happen.  Any SWAGs, prognostications, or guess regarding the availability?  Even if the answer is "no, Samsung will never see and upgrade for its phones," would be an answer that I could use to make plans for future. 

Finding anything regarding upgrades to 8.1 and ATT is the most fruitless net search exercise yet.  It's as if corporate believes no news is acceptable.

Former Employee

• 

32 Messages

10 years ago

Hi live123,

Thanks for your question.  You can register to receive notification for software updates on the manufacturer's site in the meantime by clicking here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SGH-I187XBAATT

Again, we appreciate your posting and we will keep posted when an update becames available.

Thanks,

Ro

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

It has been two months since I posted a question, "when an upgrade would be available.  My questions was about predicting or suggesting when it might happen.  Any SWAGs, prognostications, or guess regarding the availability?  Even if the answer is "no, Samsung will never see and upgrade for its phones," would be an answer that I could use to make plans for future."

Your answer at the time, "You can register to receive notification for software updates on the manufacturer's site in the meantime by clicking here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SGH-I187XBAATT

Again, we appreciate your posting and we will keep posted when an update becames available," was a classic non-answer. 

I have never received notice regarding my Samsung phone although my daughter's Nokia 920 automatically updated a few weeks ago.  Can ATT answer simple questions?

Will the Samsung Ative S Neo receive an upgrade to Windows Phone 8.1?

Yes

No

If yes, when?

Employee

• 

355 Messages

10 years ago

Hello Live123,

I am checking on this to see if there as been any updated information on avaiable software updates. Please allow me a few moments.

Thank you

Employee

• 

355 Messages

10 years ago

Hello Live123,

There are no new updates at this time I was able to check into this for you. Please feel free to register to receive notification for software updates on the manufacturer's site in the meantime if you have not already done so. by clicking here:http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SGH-I187XBAATT

Thank you

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I appreciate your efforts.  Please don't mark my post as being "solved," as it has not been. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I just happened to trying "phone update" today and instead of the regular "your phone is up to date" response it acutally downloaded Windows Phone 8.1.  Now you can call it "solved."

Also, I registered with Samsung and checked the ATT business site adn set my phone to autonmatically update and never recieved a notice that there was an update available.  As I said I just happened to try again, which I was doing regularly, and lo and behold it worked.

So thanks for nothing.

Not finding what you're looking for?