The new iPhone 15
Road-glide's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Friday, August 10th, 2018 3:41 PM

When will AT&T have the Galaxy Watch?

I want to buy a Galaxy Watch, but currently there’s only a T-Mobile version you can preorder. Very disappointed AT&T doesn’t have it. Also try to have more choices for the 46mm size. T-Mobile just has it in silver.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Dakeed wrote:

Summary, TMobile did not pay for an exclusive. There is only one watch for all carriers. The unlocked version of the watch for sale on amazon, bestbuy, and others will work for all carriers including AT&T once they decided to start offering the watch. If you're looking for someone to blame in this situation it falls entirely on AT&T.

@GLIMMERMAN76

Even after you start being a little more helpful and honest...

I wonder if I just put in the last word every time with multiple post if I can reach ACE - Expert. This experience has been exhausting as it's hard to balance wanting to help people by correcting inaccuracies, and not wanting to deal with what seems at times as blatant trolling. Also I apologize for referencing someone as a fanboy. They took offence and had part of one of my post censored. I was using it only as a descriptor for someone who enjoys one companies products over another. It was not an attempt to hurt or attack anyone. If anyone else was offended by the use of the word fanboy as a descriptor, I truly apologize. 

@Dakeed

No you cant reach ace that way.  Here is info on the ACE program https://forums.att.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/learn-about-ace.  Your post got edited because you called me out as one.  And no I did not report it as I have thicker skin than that.  Being called a Apple fanboy was kind of amusing to me actually.  Look at my avatar.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

Summary, TMobile did not pay for an exclusive. There is only one watch for all carriers. The unlocked version of the watch for sale on amazon, bestbuy, and others will work for all carriers including AT&T once they decided to start offering the watch. If you're looking for someone to blame in this situation it falls entirely on AT&T.

@GLIMMERMAN76

Your avatar is a circle next to your name to me. There is no distinguishable characteristics to it from what I can see (I know I could click on it to see a bigger picture on your profile, but who cares.). Also the question as to getting to ACE - Expert was intended as a joke, but thank you for clarifying. I'm happy that your friends the moderators are so diligent about cleaning up post that involve someone having fanboy being used as a descriptor of them. I'm awaiting confirmation on what is determined as name calling. If no descriptors when used in conjunction of a person or persons is allowed then calling someone a genius would not be allowed, and how do they monitor what's positive and what's not. If it's said in a manner that's positive or belittling? You would almost think that someone would have to alert them to instance of negative intent. Probably by putting a selectable function that says Report Inappropriate Content. 

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

@Dakeed @GLIMMERMAN76

ATT also has the most to LOSE . ATT and Tmobile have the same bands 2, 4 and 12 for all devices and wearables. If ATT cannot get a esim locked, it be easier for someone on ATT to move to Tmobile. Hence ATT is fighting tooth and nail to have a locked esim, more so than verizon since verizon's LTE is band 2,4 and 13 and the devices from verizon have a hard time working on Tmobile. Also i remember when device unlocking bill was introduced in congress ATT was working overtime to overturn the unlock policy. Also read about that issue, there is plenty of info out there. So the FAULT of not having the watch work on ATT lies squarely on ATT and NOT samsung. 

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

Probably the same way Facebook, Twitter, etc. subjectivelymonitor their accounts.  If your ideals agree with theirs, your status remains as is.  If not, goodbye.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Dakeed wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76

Your avatar is a circle next to your name to me. There is no distinguishable characteristics to it from what I can see (I know I could click on it to see a bigger picture on your profile, but who cares.). Also the question as to getting to ACE - Expert was intended as a joke, but thank you for clarifying. I'm happy that your friends the moderators are so diligent about cleaning up post that involve someone having fanboy being used as a descriptor of them. I'm awaiting confirmation on what is determined as name calling. If no descriptors when used in conjunction of a person or persons is allowed then calling someone a genius would not be allowed, and how do they monitor what's positive and what's not. If it's said in a manner that's positive or belittling? You would almost think that someone would have to alert them to instance of negative intent. Probably by putting a selectable function that says Report Inappropriate Content. 

Actually the thread was split out https://forums.att.com/t5/Wearables/When-will-at-amp-t-offer-the-samsung-galaxy-watch/td-p/5653213.  They moved most of our convo out into that thread..

Here is my avatar which made me laugh when you called me a apple fanboy

android-vs-ios.jpg

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@mboy60201 wrote:

@Dakeed @GLIMMERMAN76

ATT also has the most to LOSE . ATT and Tmobile have the same bands 2, 4 and 12 for all devices and wearables. If ATT cannot get a esim locked, it be easier for someone on ATT to move to Tmobile. Hence ATT is fighting tooth and nail to have a locked esim, more so than verizon since verizon's LTE is band 2,4 and 13 and the devices from verizon have a hard time working on Tmobile. Also i remember when device unlocking bill was introduced in congress ATT was working overtime to overturn the unlock policy. Also read about that issue, there is plenty of info out there. So the FAULT of not having the watch work on ATT lies squarely on ATT and NOT samsung. 

@mboy60201

while I agree...  Its not like its going to be a huge seller why fight to sell something that only controls a small part of the bigger pie.  Locking the apple watch would be where you would think they cared about locking a watch.  Samsung controls 10.9 percent of the smart watch market and apple is at 53.1 percent worldwide.  I would think you would go after the one selling more than wasting time and energy locking a watch that wont sell as many units in a month as they sell a week of apple products.  And this was not a apple vs samsung post just that I don't get the logic of whats going on.

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

5 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76, you have a very strong point with the percentages and popularity of the Galaxy (or any Android model) compared to the Apple Watch. I love Apple stuff but not their iOS and have been back with Samsung/Android since the S7 Edge. I had been an Apple and Android phone fan switching over the years but steady with an Android phone now. 
One of the pointers that prove you are so correct are the price drops for the BT Galaxy Watch just in the past month! I bought a 42mm BT Galaxy Watch on Oct. 20th (a Saturday) then on Sunday the went down $30.00. Target immediately gave me a price adjustment. This is a price reduction by Samsung that the stores follow. As of this past Sunday (Target and Samsung.com) they again lowered the price from US $329.99 down to $279.00! You would NEVER see Apple lowering the price AND people will still buy them full price. I still have some time to return my BT Galaxy Watch to Target and I believe I will in hopes of an AT&T Galaxy Watch coming out by the end of the month (or maybe even a deal for Black Friday). It's all about **Supple and Demand** when discussing most things in the Business world. AT&T is no exception. It would be great to *think* that any big company is totally customer driven but that would merely be a fantasy. Still keeping my fingers crossed for an AT&T LTE version (even though it appears that NumberSync will be REQUIRED).

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

@bees

I'm the same way with apple and android. I've also been back with android since the S7. About to pick up the new iPhone and apple watch for testing, but will probably continue to use the S9 and S3 and hopefully soon the Galaxy watch. That's what I like about Samsung though. They make deals and negotiate. Microsoft destroyed Apple in the PC market because they chose to sell only the operating system which created a competitive pc hardware market. It helped the entire tech industry boom, while apple slowly dwindled away. Android is the mobile Microsoft which allows competitive pricing and price flux due to an open market place.  

@GLIMMERMAN76

I'm not sure what you meant by that last one, but I do agree that this isn't the most profitable project that AT&T would or could be working on. That's why the apple watch with it's unlocked esim was available the day it released and here we are months later with no Galaxy watch. Although 10% market share in a multibillion dollar and growing industry is not a small sum.

In my business customer loyalty is everything to me. Especially in a day in age where consumers are very fare weather. Maybe they should work harder at pleasing their customers instead of trying to find ways of forcing them to stay by locking their expensive devices to their networks.

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

5 years ago

Well, this **FINALLY** looks like we might be getting the AT&T LTE Watch SOON! This was posted by AT&T a couple of hours ago:

https://youtu.be/6eEX6YD2hkE

Woohoooo if true!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@bees wrote:

Well, this **FINALLY** looks like we might be getting the AT&T LTE Watch SOON! This was posted by AT&T a couple of hours ago:

https://youtu.be/6eEX6YD2hkE

Woohoooo if true!!!

Yeah to bad they did not give a release date.  But heck its a start.  Also heck of nice find...

Yeah it also looks like numbersync is required for use.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.