Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Using Formerly Used AT@T GSM SIM CARD in a DZ09 Smartwatch

Tutor

Using Formerly Used AT@T GSM SIM CARD in a DZ09 Smartwatch

Greetings,

How can I activate and use a formerly used (by me) AT&T GSM GoPhone Sim Card for my DZ09 SmartWatch?  Can I even use the Sim Card in the DZ09? I inserted it into the watch and the watch recognized the Sim. Also, what is the cost? Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by DigiDat
‎11-15-2017 5:26 PM

Re: Using Formerly Used AT@T GSM SIM CARD in a DZ09 Smartwatch

If the sim card was deactivated, it can't be reactivated. It does not really matter though since Gophone does not support any wearable devices, so no.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 11
ACE - Sage

@DigiDat

Additional... From what I can see it’s also a 2G only device.   Att has no 2G network

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 11
Tutor

Okay. Not what I wanted to hear, but, I am trying FreedomPop. I ordered a Sim today shipped for .99 After my free trial, I will go down to the free plan of only 200 Min. , 500 Txts 512 MB Data. But, on my SmartWatch, I don't anticipate needing more than that, except perhaps data. We will see.

Thanks Again,

DigiDat

Message 4 of 11
ACE - Sage

@DigiDat

Freedom pop is a 3g 4g network.  They have no 2G network    

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreedomPop

Freedom pop also does not supply the services to connect a smart watch.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 5 of 11
Tutor

Thank You,

I found out after I had posted my question here, that I did indeed need 2g. I also found out that AT&T was tearing down or ridding their Network of all 2g.

However, T-Mobile it seems does have 2-G. So, perhaps that is a solution.

I also received a Sim Card that had printed on it H20. Anyone familiar with that may be. They were ready to take all the info off of the sim and my device and "sign me up." But, I knew nothing of them. Maybe someone on this forum knows.

BTW, isn't it true that AT&T does provide real network service to owners of the Samsung "Gear Watches?"

Cordially,

DigiDat

Message 6 of 11
ACE - Sage

H2O is an MVNO is ATT.

Message 7 of 11
Contributor

I just recently bought the DZ09 smartwatch from tophatter.com, where can I get the sim card for it?  I live in Tennessee and have ATT carrier for my android phone.

I am confused!  It does work with my android phone with bluetooth, but some of the options when I click say insert sim.  I didnt realize they needed a sim card when I purchased it.  SIGH!

Message 8 of 11
ACE - Sage

@mrslang2010  Geesh, read the thread.  

Message 9 of 11
Contributor

check out the top list of the dz09 smartwatches at........ [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 10 of 11
ACE - Sage

@glotybouy

Those won’t work with ATT cellular.  

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
TechBuzz by AT&T is here to show you some of the ways that you can stay heart healthy with smart devices.
Additional Support