For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
simsareket's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 4th, 2018 4:45 PM

Using Apple watch 3 with cellular without number sync

I bought my 2 sons apple watches with cellular for christmas as I was told they could make and receive calls with their own number.  As far as I can tell this is not possible as they only seem to work with number sync, which means I can't call them or they me.  The reason for getting them the watches was that they weren't responsible enough to have a phone (11 and 8 and loose everything).  Is there a way around this?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I had the same problem for my son.  It seems you can’t use iWatch 3 cellular model without numbersync. Oh wait. You can but you’ll be buying it find out that you are paying cellular service and can’t use it.  I returned mine too because it defeated purpose why I bought it for my son.  The only way I got the watch to work was with numbersync with my iPhone phone number.  Thanks AT&T for the misguided and poorly informed misinformation.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

Nothing in Apple’s ads for the watch indicate it’s a stand alone device.  No smartwatch has been offered as a stand alone.  

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

I see nothing in carrier advertisements that don’t echo Apple’s information regarding a synced phone being required.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Not an overly useful reply.

We were told by several employees in different stores that they would work independently as they had their in numbers. It’s my own fault should have returned them but difficult to take them off your kids.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.