Explore & discover

Helpful Links

The true cost of adding the Apple Watch 3 to my cell phone plan is $50 not $10. Why?

Highlighted
Contributor

The true cost of adding the Apple Watch 3 to my cell phone plan is $50 not $10. Why?

Everywhere you look it says add the Apple Watch to your data plan for $10 so I jumped onboard. After a nightmare of a time getting the watch activated I come to discover that my true added cost is $50! I am cancelling the watch service and downgrading my plan instead.

Message 1 of 21
ACE - Guru

Re: The true cost of adding the Apple Watch 3 to my cell phone plan is $50 not $10. Why?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 21
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎09-24-2017 3:31 PM

Re: The true cost of adding the Apple Watch 3 to my cell phone plan is $50 not $10. Why?

@thisiscrazy45   Are you on the new Unlimited plan?   There are still those who don't know it doesn't count as a second line and bump the $90 single line plan up to $145, rather than $100.  

If that is the problem.  Call support and remind them what it says at the bottom of the unlimited plan page.   https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.html

IMG_6208.PNG

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 21
Contributor

I was trying to do single-line unlimited plan for $95 + $10 for Apple watch. They insisted that I had to do the multi-line plan for $145 including the watch. I pointed out what I had seen in other forums, but they still refused and when I asked to work with someone else they said no one else could do anything different. I have since cancelled my watch plan and reverted to a single-line plan. After seeing lizdance40 post I also went to an AT&T store and confirmed that the people I spoke to on the phone and chat were wrong. It should be $95 + $10. Eventually I will try to do this again, but maybe with another carrier.

Message 4 of 21
ACE - Expert

@thisiscrazy45

Thanks for posting the update.  

How in the name of aunt Annie's fanny could they read the ATT website and not conform.  🙄  

Absolutely ridiculous.  

What store did you do business with?  City, state and street address please.  I'm going to forward to someone who can re educate the staff there.  They were so very wrong and because of that, lost a sale and a customer.  And for sure you will tell many other people too.  

If you paid a restock fee, I want you to get it all back too.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 5 of 21
Contributor

They are doing the same thing to me on the phone.  I showed this information but he made me change from a single line to a multi-line plan and increased the cost 65 dollars.

Message 6 of 21
Contributor

The store I went to (West Hartford, CT) actually had it correct. Person was apologetic and had I not have already returned the watch he could have helped me sort it out. The 2 people that messed it up were on the phone and then on chat. So far I haven't seen any cancellation or return fees, but will be keeping an eye out.

Message 7 of 21
Contributor

On the phone now with someone who says he can do it on the Single Line plan without going to a multi. Will keep you all updated when it’s over.
Message 8 of 21
Contributor

Well he did it for me.  I asked how and he said "I am a supervisor with more tools."  I think he rigged something together, no idea what.  But I have the Unlimited Plus Single Line Plan + $10 for the watch.

Message 9 of 21
ACE - Expert

jacobhensley wrote:

Well he did it for me.  I asked how and he said "I am a supervisor with more tools."  I think he rigged something together, no idea what.  But I have the Unlimited Plus Single Line Plan + $10 for the watch.

Exactly as it should be.  The lack of ability on the part of others is between the ears.  🤡

Message 10 of 21
Contributor

I'm on AT&T in California. For me the true cost is $23.65 per month. That's $10 per month "access charge" and $13.65 in government fees, taxes and surcharges.

ATTMyBill.png

Message 11 of 21
Contributor

Yes and I am perplexed why the fees and taxes on the watch service are double those on a phone!

Message 12 of 21
Contributor

My question is why the taxes and fees are double those on a phone! If I can't get a correction on this I too will cancel. Will also start looking at other carriers.

Message 13 of 21
Contributor

I need to add that I spent 3 hrs on the phone today and still do not have an explanation. Very poor customer service ATT.

Message 14 of 21
ACE - Expert

That’s nuts.  Taxes and fees should not exceed that of phones.  Something stinks

Message 15 of 21
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support