The new iPhone 15
angelgl86's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 5:55 PM

Promotion Card Purchase

I received a promotion card and I was looking to make a purchase online at the Att store. The accessory that I want is more than the balance on the promotion card and the internet does not allow me to proceed with the purchase. I contacted customer service and they said that at the store I was going to be able to use the promotion card and pay the difference with my debit card and they said that they cannot do that. The information has been conflicting between customer service and the ATT store representative.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

It has been reported the only way to apply promotional cards to bills or merchandise is to go to a store.  I'm sure they hope to get customers in stores and upsell.   

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

True but when you receive the card and the paper in the mail with the instructions it also states that a purchase can also be done online. I went to the store and they said that they cannot do a split transaction if the item is more than the balance on the card.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Did you ever get this to work? I am trying to purchase something over the value of my card and it won't work.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Yeah, you can do it with a store manager

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

So you was able to get a store manager to split your payment? I spent almost two hours on the online chat being transferred and disconnected trying to be helped on making an online purchase with my two AT&T promotional cards valued at $200 each. My shopping cart was for four things and with tax and all was $378 and change. It would only let me enter one card in and seeing as each card is only for $200 it kept declining it instead of just deducting that and then asking for another payment method for the remainder. All online chat reps couldn’t figure it out and then one smartass who claimed to be a supervisor Sean S. Stated that you can’t use a promotional card for any purchases other than paying your bill. What a joke!!! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.