Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Numbersync

Teacher

Numbersync

After syncing the watch with the phone, it automatically unsync itself.  Also, if phone is turned off or you're one room away, disconnected.   Have had many help from support but nothing worked.  Was told several times issue escalated and will receive a call from higher knowledgeable techs but never got the call.  So, looking in here for any help.

Message 1 of 45
ACE - Sage

Re: Numbersync

Not enough information 

what phone?  Make model and is it ATT branded?

what watch?  Make model and is it active on the same account? 

Are you in an area with ATT HD voice?  

Number sync requires the phone be ON, for watch to work, but not in the same location.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 45
Teacher

Sorry.

Phone: Samsung note8

Watch: Samsung gear s3 frontier

Both under the same account

You mention cell has to be on and not necessarily in the same area, one.of my issues is five to 10 feet away and it gets disconnected.  Also, if Bluetooth is turned off, numbersync is disabled.

Thanks for the reply

Message 3 of 45
ACE - Sage

And it’s an ATT phone?   Have you used number sync on another device?

@GLIMMERMAN76 any ideas

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 45
Teacher

Yes it's an at&t phone.  I've also setup one for my wife with no issues.  Her watch/wearable is remotely connected to her phone instead of the Bluetooth.

But you give me an idea.  Gonna try it on my daughter's cell and see if it works.

Thanks

Message 5 of 45
Teacher

So I've added a screen shot of the messages I receive.  Now these are generated without me doing anything, i.e. turning on or off the numbersync feature 

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Message 6 of 45
ACE - Sage

🧐.  That’s not right....

You did set up a different user account for your phone line?   Im wondering if it’s a problem with your user name and password.  

Message 7 of 45
Teacher

I am going to try it on another line to see how that goes.  And will be back with the results.  I appreciate the input and guidance.

Message 8 of 45
Teacher

20180224_232537.jpg

20180224_232511.jpg

I've attached two pictures showing numbersync in, then turned off.  All I did was refresh the screen several times and this is the result.  Not sure what else to do, maybe return the watch and just stick to the phone.

Message 9 of 45
ACE - Sage

“Connect this watch to the ATT network to see if your synced”.  

Looks to me like while the watch is on your account, it’s not connected to cellular.  That makes me suspect the E-sim is not activated.   Back to an ATT store if it can’t be resolved over the phone.

It would explain both problems.

Message 10 of 45
Teacher

The watch is connected.  I can make calls and it shows the number assigned to the watch meaning the sync isn't working.  As you can see below, after it's synced, immediately it's changes back.Screenshot_20180225-065737.jpg

Message 11 of 45
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by jnkaious
‎03-01-2018 11:38 AM

So I’m back to post 7 and the unanswered but extremely critical question...

You did set up a different user account for your phone line? Im wondering if it’s a problem with your user name and password.  Your wife had to have her own user and password to set up number sync.  

I had to change my password (as primary user) when the first set up failed to set up number sync.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/features/numbersync.html

The only other assumption I can make is one device is defective.  

I was really hoping the watch expert would check in @GLIMMERMAN76 help!

Tags (1)
Message 12 of 45
Teacher

So what you're saying is, other than the main sign on account, I should create one dedicated to the one line?

Message 13 of 45
ACE - Sage

YES.   Each line using number sync has to create an user name and password to get it working.

But my scope of knowledge ends at number sync for tablets.  I don’t have a watch.

Message 14 of 45
Teacher

So you have a login for the accounts and an access id just for that one line?

Message 15 of 45
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
TechBuzz by AT&T is here to show you some of the ways that you can stay heart healthy with smart devices.
Additional Support