Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Numbersync issues with Galaxy Watch

Teacher

Numbersync issues with Galaxy Watch

Every so often i will get a text message saying that i disabled Number sync. I never disable it. It is just turning itself off!!! Is anyone else having problems with this? When i try to turn it back on i says that it is unavailable and i try again and it turns back on. Please help

Message 1 of 26
Contributor

Re: Numbersync issues with Galaxy Watch

I've had a ticket open with at&t since the beginning of December because my Galaxy watch number sync doesn't work. They have yet to come up with a solution. Every time I call they tell me that my case has been elevated to their ICU team and that it should be resolved shortly.  I can't believe they released this watch without a major feature like this working properly.

Message 16 of 26
Contributor

I bought watch last week and ordered esim which I received yesterday. I scanned QR code to activate and setup NumberSync. I am able to receive and place calls from watch but messaging is not working. 

Message 17 of 26
Contributor

Also, I was expecting to be able to use other apps like email over LTE but it seems not possible. Am I correct?

Message 18 of 26
Tutor

Have they ever resolved this issue for you? Just curious been having same issue and basically get same response 

Message 19 of 26
Tutor

Did they ever solve this issue I'm having the same issue. Switched out watch at store open ticket 

Message 20 of 26
Contributor

They solved the number sync issue with my watch. Not the "ICU" special ops team, but a random tier 1 tech support person that happened to pick up the phone the day I called back. He started from square 1 and noticed that whoever inputted my credentials had misspelled my username. I don't remember what he called the credentials he fixed but it had something to do with enabling the number sync feature for my Galaxy watch when I purchased it on their website. He fixed my username and the number sync worked. 

Since then I've had a few disconnect problems where it says my number sync had been suspended (glitch). And it required me to re-sync the feature on my watch several times before it worked again. This has happened 3 or 4 times in the last month. 

Lastly, when it does work and you leave your phone behind and the number sync kicks in, you'll get dozens or possibly hundreds of texts updating to your watch since the last time it synced them. This may have happened because I wasn't using AT&T backup and sync for my texts, but I just recently turned that feature on and haven't tested it to see if this mass text message update happens again.

Message 21 of 26
ACE - Expert

@FitVet wrote:

They solved the number sync issue with my watch. Not the "ICU" special ops team, but a random tier 1 tech support person that happened to pick up the phone the day I called back. He started from square 1 and noticed that whoever inputted my credentials had misspelled my username. I don't remember what he called the credentials he fixed but it had something to do with enabling the number sync feature for my Galaxy watch when I purchased it on their website. He fixed my username and the number sync worked. 

Since then I've had a few disconnect problems where it says my number sync had been suspended (glitch). And it required me to re-sync the feature on my watch several times before it worked again. This has happened 3 or 4 times in the last month. 

Lastly, when it does work and you leave your phone behind and the number sync kicks in, you'll get dozens or possibly hundreds of texts updating to your watch since the last time it synced them. This may have happened because I wasn't using AT&T backup and sync for my texts, but I just recently turned that feature on and haven't tested it to see if this mass text message update happens again.

@FitVet 

you will still get the texts just not as many.  There should be a option to mirror the phone for text messages in app on the phone for the watch(That is how I stopped them).

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 22 of 26
Tutor

So I called att and told them about the credentials and they said my user name is the same on the watch and the phone. I turned off the number sync reset the watch and now only using blue tooth it now will get text and calls when before it did not. Still not number synced and doesn't seem like I'm getting a ton of support. I've literally spent 20 hours at least on the phone in the store and it's getting ridiculous 

Message 23 of 26
Contributor

When you reset it, did you use the same blue QR card that you had originally gotten?

Message 24 of 26
Contributor

Yes. I never changed the QR code. They ended up having my name misspelled.
Once that was fixed the problem was solved. My watch has been consistently
synced without fail for a couple months now.
Message 25 of 26
Tutor

Yes, a lot of people are having the problem with numbersync. It is not the Samsung product. It is an internal issue with AT&T numbersync. The Galaxy products work fine on T-Mobile and Verizon. I finally got ahold of the most highest tech support of AT&T who admitted that they have an issue internally.

Message 26 of 26
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
TechBuzz by AT&T is here to show you some of the ways that you can stay heart healthy with smart devices.
Additional Support