The new iPhone 15
Bchbll's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, March 31st, 2018 1:35 AM

Number sync not working

S8 Plus and Gear S3 Frontier. I had to replace my phone, and ever since number sync won't work away from the phone. According to my account number sync is turned on. I've been to an AT&T store and talked to support, and it still doesn't work. This is very frustrating since I am paying for a service that doesn't work. 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Hate to say it, when it works it's a dream, when it doesn't it's a nightmare.  My nightmare took almost nine months to fix.  In October they got a new engineer to finally fix the problem.  Something kept shutting numbers sync off.  I have eight lines including 2 tablets, just have them send it to highest tech support , I finally ended telling first line of tech support, forget it, I am not doing nothing with you, been there done that, I am an expert in everything you want me to do.  Don't send your watch in to Samsung, I did that and that was about 3 months of bull and finally getting a replacement watch. Watch was fine all three time.  Good luck, hope you get your service gets fixed, hang in there. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

had the same issue after a week on the phone and on chat i finally had tome to go to the local att store and the girl spotted the problem in ten min.....The unlocked galaxy 8plus is not an original att phone .. its only able to ne number synced if it was an original...EVEN THOUGH IM CURRENLT USING ATT.... brutal....but i have a solution....

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@acpetey wrote:

had the same issue after a week on the phone and on chat i finally had tome to go to the local att store and the girl spotted the problem in ten min.....The unlocked galaxy 8plus is not an original att phone .. its only able to ne number synced if it was an original...EVEN THOUGH IM CURRENLT USING ATT.... brutal....but i have a solution....

Seriously, it’s addressed in post 15 and 18 etc.  both AT&T and Verizon require a branded phone.  Now the S8 series is capable of converting in some cases.  I bought an AT&T S8 that downloaded Verizon software and now boots with Verizon boot screen.  It works perfectly on either carrier.  But if you don’t have a death star boot, you cannot use advanced calling features.  

From post 15 . . . 

“Sorry if this is redundant,    https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/features/numbersync.html

please review and see if anything jumps out...

My first questions are ‘is your phone an ATT branded, with Advanced calling enabled?’.  If the phone is not HD voice enabled, or you are in a fringe area without HD voice, number sync cannot function.  (This may be the problem)”

With very few exceptions, non AT&T android phones are not Volte enabled, and therefore no HD voice, no WiFi calling and no number sync.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

sot you had to be redudntdant I’ve NEVER used these community groups…. before go click the link you provided, yes the phone is HD voice enabled, (samsung galaxy s8plus) she stated that and that alone is why i can’t use number sync, i read quickly at your reply and it sounded like u figured out a solution….yyoull be my here if so lol ty for replying i appreciate it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I hate asking you trouble you but if it is not a hassle would you mind kindly sending me a link as to how can obtain the instructions to get this software on my phone....eitther way thank  u 

PT

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@acpetey wrote:
sot you had to be redudntdant I’ve NEVER used these community groups…. before go click the link you provided, yes the phone is HD voice enabled, (samsung galaxy s8plus) she stated that and that alone is why i can’t use number sync, i read quickly at your reply and it sounded like u figured out a solution….yyoull be my here if so lol ty for replying i appreciate it.

Read post 15.   Then read post 34.  Then read the link in the post.  

Then come back and tell me you understand what was written in those 2 posts.  

(BTW the solution  is have an AT&T phone!!)

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

i appreciate your time replying, even though you’re speaking to me like you’re a 12 year old school girl…. I was under the impression i had an att phone. if you suggestion gets the desired result i seek ill PayPal you $ 50 as a thank you…….

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@acpetey  you can’t pay to make it work.  Either you have compatible devices and plan, or you don’t.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Currently having the same issues, on my second watch it’s giving same results as the first...I get almost all the way with the setup and the watch never gives a code then says numbersync not available.....have been to the store, and hours of phone and chat support with no luck.  Any one get this to work? I don’t think numbersync really exists.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Don't give up my problem lasted, don't get scared 8 months 2/18 to 10/18.  The current update about 2 weeks ago created some problems.  My situation had to go up to ATT getting a new engineer to work out the kink and I think it was all having to do with my user ID and something kept turning it off numbers sync on  ATT's end.  The current software update  2 weeks ago took me back to resetting and uninstalling gear app from my phone a few times and starting over again till it all uploaded correctly.  Good luck and just keep escalating it with tech support.  I am a 62 year old geek lady who didn't give up.  Love my frontier gear S3

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.