The new iPhone 15
Bchbll's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, March 31st, 2018 1:35 AM

Number sync not working

S8 Plus and Gear S3 Frontier. I had to replace my phone, and ever since number sync won't work away from the phone. According to my account number sync is turned on. I've been to an AT&T store and talked to support, and it still doesn't work. This is very frustrating since I am paying for a service that doesn't work. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Barring defective devices, I have to wonder if you locations might be in a fringe area for HD voice. 

Sorry, im out of ideas. 

@GLIMMERMAN76?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

Barring defective devices, I have to wonder if you locations might be in a fringe area for HD voice. 

Sorry, im out of ideas. 

@GLIMMERMAN76?

Its Samsung plain and simple.  I have a apple watch LTE that uses numbersync and IT NEVER HAS THE SAME PROBLEMS that my Samsung watch and phone did.  It does have to do with fringe areas but not that much.  Its all software and software problems.  Numbersync had problems as far back as the gear s2

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Update, on Aug. 30 ATT tech support called me and was working on the issue of Numbers Sync immediately disconnection after activation.  Still not working.  It's now a week later from that call and no one has contacted me.  I will be making my weekly ATT call to find out where they are at, at times I have called and they have closed the case out.  And yes, I have tried myself every other day to connect with numbers sync and still not working.    My understanding is I am in an HD voice available area and I live not far away from an ATT antenna.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@hovland.t wrote:
Update, on Aug. 30 ATT tech support called me and was working on the issue of Numbers Sync immediately disconnection after activation.  Still not working.  It's now a week later from that call and no one has contacted me.  I will be making my weekly ATT call to find out where they are at, at times I have called and they have closed the case out.  And yes, I have tried myself every other day to connect with numbers sync and still not working.    My understanding is I am in an HD voice available area and I live not far away from an ATT antenna.

you note 8 is ATT branded?  And the watch is to right?  Just making sure.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, I bought ATT phone note 5, purchased ATT Samsung gear 3 frontier Oct.  2017, worked great till Feb. 2018, stopped connecting.  Broke my note 5, got another ATT Note 5, then got an ATT Note 8.  Numbers sync has never stayed connected on all phones since February.  Watch repaired 3 times, got new replacement watch, still same issue.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Picked up a brand new S3 Frontier and tried the sync with my S9 Plus. Im in a HD voice area and still no luck. This is ridiculous. Why have  product that is supposed to make life easy yet not work? Tech opened a ticket and I'm supposed to hear back. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Basicslly the same problem ~ number sync will no longer connect.  Even though I have the same 2 devices (S8+ and Galaxy E Tab), same number, same service, same everything that USED to connect without any problem!  Now I get all the way through the sign in process (including the extra stupid step where I have to go through an SMS confirmation EVERY SINGLE TIME) only to end up in an endless loop of "signing in" that just goes on and on until I finally just cancel it ~ it's infuriating that it used to work just fine, and now won't work at all!

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Wish I had better news, but it took 8 months for ATT to finally fix my gear phone connection.  In September they hired a new engineer to work on the coding in tech support.  From February 2018 to October 10, 2018 till it was fixed.  Numbers syn will be disabled the service is currently unavailable.  I made sure I got credit for the service not working, but I did Samsung repair 3 times and a watch replacement plus went through 3 phones.  I think it might relate to our IDs, I also have 9 devices on our account.  Make sure the proper number to watch permissions are on. Good luck. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I was finally able to resolve the issue by my self. It had to do with the user id access used to setup number sync. You need to create a separate user id for the wearable 4G line. This is then merged with the primary ATT account. Then setup number sync by using the sign in id and pass for the wearable NOT the primary account. It finally synced. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have the note 9 and just got my gear s3 frontier with the same number sync issue. "Expert tech support" was a big joke and he thought changing the user id would correct the situation.  After an hour of him going through the same steps and no results I told I'm through with "support" or rather lack there of....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.