Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Re: Number sync not working

Tutor

Number sync not working

S8 Plus and Gear S3 Frontier. I had to replace my phone, and ever since number sync won't work away from the phone. According to my account number sync is turned on. I've been to an AT&T store and talked to support, and it still doesn't work. This is very frustrating since I am paying for a service that doesn't work. 

Message 1 of 42
Tutor

For my part, yes I tried all of the options mentioned.
Message 16 of 42
Teacher

I have a Samsung Note 8 and a frontier gear S3 watch. I have been working with tech support since February with AT & T in trying to resolve this issue. Today Tech Support called me created a new ID and refreshed the AT & T numbersync and the same thing happened again. Numbersync will be disabled the service is currently unavailable again and again. As far as the advance call that you mentioned I checked on my settings and there is nothing to be found in for either that advanced call enabling or HD voice.the young man from tech support that help me out during March and June is the same one that is trying to help me out again to trying to resolve this issue.
Message 17 of 42
ACE - Sage

@hovland.t

This is why the annoying review.

You repeated you have a Samsung Note 8.  But is it an AT&T Samsung Note 8?  

Your phone MUST be an ATT branded device to get HD voice.  

You must enable advanced calling features in settings To use HD voice.  If you cannot enable advanced calling, you don’t have HD voice and cannot use number sync it Wifi calling.  

In settings, connections,  advanced calling,  turn on advanced calling.   Is it on?

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 42
Highlighted
Teacher

Sorry, yes it's all ATT equipment, I changed from 14 years with T mobile about 2 years ago.  Love the excellent service on my phones/tablets, just this issue is just so aggravating going over 6months.
Message 19 of 42
ACE - Sage

@hovland.t

And you are able to use HD voice and enable advanced calling?   

Barring a faulty device, if you arent in an HD voice location, or on a fringe, anything dependent on HD voice will fail.  Can’t really rule out either.  😕

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 20 of 42
Contributor

I have the EXACT same problem and have been through the same mill as others here. I've had numerous calls to AT&T support. It works briefly, then stops. Resetting the watch sometimes resolves, sometimes need to reset multiple times. I sent it to Samsung for repair per AT&T, who then returned it with a replaced battery for some reason, but otherwise no different. I reset it again, it worked for a week, but then NumberSync randomly turned off again and now refuses to re-enable. 

Samsung support hasn't a clue what this feature is and AT&T tells me to call Samsung. This clearly looks like a half-baked (or quarter-baked) feature that no one understands or can support. It simply doesn't work. Without NumberSync, there's not much need for the LTE version that I paid extra for along with the monthly service.

Message 21 of 42
ACE - Sage

Barring defective devices, I have to wonder if you locations might be in a fringe area for HD voice. 

Sorry, im out of ideas. 

@GLIMMERMAN76?

Message 22 of 42
ACE - Expert

@lizdance40 wrote:

Barring defective devices, I have to wonder if you locations might be in a fringe area for HD voice. 

Sorry, im out of ideas. 

@GLIMMERMAN76?

Its Samsung plain and simple.  I have a apple watch LTE that uses numbersync and IT NEVER HAS THE SAME PROBLEMS that my Samsung watch and phone did.  It does have to do with fringe areas but not that much.  Its all software and software problems.  Numbersync had problems as far back as the gear s2

Message 23 of 42
Teacher

Update, on Aug. 30 ATT tech support called me and was working on the issue of Numbers Sync immediately disconnection after activation.  Still not working.  It's now a week later from that call and no one has contacted me.  I will be making my weekly ATT call to find out where they are at, at times I have called and they have closed the case out.  And yes, I have tried myself every other day to connect with numbers sync and still not working.    My understanding is I am in an HD voice available area and I live not far away from an ATT antenna.
Message 24 of 42
ACE - Expert

@hovland.t wrote:
Update, on Aug. 30 ATT tech support called me and was working on the issue of Numbers Sync immediately disconnection after activation.  Still not working.  It's now a week later from that call and no one has contacted me.  I will be making my weekly ATT call to find out where they are at, at times I have called and they have closed the case out.  And yes, I have tried myself every other day to connect with numbers sync and still not working.    My understanding is I am in an HD voice available area and I live not far away from an ATT antenna.

you note 8 is ATT branded?  And the watch is to right?  Just making sure.

Message 25 of 42
Teacher

Yes, I bought ATT phone note 5, purchased ATT Samsung gear 3 frontier Oct.  2017, worked great till Feb. 2018, stopped connecting.  Broke my note 5, got another ATT Note 5, then got an ATT Note 8.  Numbers sync has never stayed connected on all phones since February.  Watch repaired 3 times, got new replacement watch, still same issue.
Message 26 of 42
Tutor

Picked up a brand new S3 Frontier and tried the sync with my S9 Plus. Im in a HD voice area and still no luck. This is ridiculous. Why have  product that is supposed to make life easy yet not work? Tech opened a ticket and I'm supposed to hear back. 

Message 27 of 42

Basicslly the same problem ~ number sync will no longer connect.  Even though I have the same 2 devices (S8+ and Galaxy E Tab), same number, same service, same everything that USED to connect without any problem!  Now I get all the way through the sign in process (including the extra stupid step where I have to go through an SMS confirmation EVERY SINGLE TIME) only to end up in an endless loop of "signing in" that just goes on and on until I finally just cancel it ~ it's infuriating that it used to work just fine, and now won't work at all!

Message 28 of 42
Teacher

Wish I had better news, but it took 8 months for ATT to finally fix my gear phone connection.  In September they hired a new engineer to work on the coding in tech support.  From February 2018 to October 10, 2018 till it was fixed.  Numbers syn will be disabled the service is currently unavailable.  I made sure I got credit for the service not working, but I did Samsung repair 3 times and a watch replacement plus went through 3 phones.  I think it might relate to our IDs, I also have 9 devices on our account.  Make sure the proper number to watch permissions are on. Good luck. 
Message 29 of 42
Tutor

I was finally able to resolve the issue by my self. It had to do with the user id access used to setup number sync. You need to create a separate user id for the wearable 4G line. This is then merged with the primary ATT account. Then setup number sync by using the sign in id and pass for the wearable NOT the primary account. It finally synced. 

Message 30 of 42
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
TechBuzz by AT&T is here to show you some of the ways that you can stay heart healthy with smart devices.
Additional Support