Explore & discover

Helpful Links

No numbersync for OnePlus5? (Gear S3)

Contributor

No numbersync for OnePlus5? (Gear S3)

I recently purchased a Gear S3 yesterday in store.  The salesman assured me that the GearS3 would work with no issues with my phone (OnePlus 5).  Come to find out I am having trouble syncing my phone number to my watch.  When I log into myAT&T and click on "Manage NumberSync" I am prompted with an error screen that reads, "Looks like NumberSync Blocker for wearables is turned on for the phone".  I attempted to live chat with an AT&T rep last night and they didn't even have a clue what numbersync was.  Can someone PLEASE help me solve this issue.    

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎12-04-2017 2:23 PM

Re: No numbersync for OnePlus5? (Gear S3)

@OnePlusUser wrote:

I recently purchased a Gear S3 yesterday in store.  The salesman assured me that the GearS3 would work with no issues with my phone (OnePlus 5).  Come to find out I am having trouble syncing my phone number to my watch.  When I log into myAT&T and click on "Manage NumberSync" I am prompted with an error screen that reads, "Looks like NumberSync Blocker for wearables is turned on for the phone".  I attempted to live chat with an AT&T rep last night and they didn't even have a clue what numbersync was.  Can someone PLEASE help me solve this issue.    

@OnePlusUser

yelp I can help you with it... Return the watch as its not going to work with a 1+ phone...  They dont support HDvoice on the 1+ devices which is required for numbersync to work.  Will they in the future no one knows for sure...  A pixel 2 will work with it as they certified it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Sage

Re: No numbersync for OnePlus5? (Gear S3)

I have a 5t.  No HD voice, no number sync.  I am able to use number sync on non ATT phones that do have HD voice, but those are very select few.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
TechBuzz by AT&T is here to show you some of the ways that you can stay heart healthy with smart devices.
Additional Support