For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
CamiMarie's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, March 6th, 2018 7:24 PM

Kids smart watch phone plan

Does at&t have any plans on providing a smart phone watch option for kids in the foreseeable future?  There used to be the FiLIP 2 (no longer available).  

Is there a product that is compatible with at&t that I could purchase seperatly for my 9 yr old child?

Verizon offers the LG gizmo gadget.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Maya3393 wrote:

We switched recently and I’m extremely upset about this because when we switched we were told that you do offer a smartwatch for kids!! Had your employees been honest from the beginning we would have never switched over ! This is extremely upsetting since I’m we told them it was one of our main concerns and they assured us they did offer that plan !

Depending on what the sales person considered a smart watch for a kid.  Apple watch?  Samsung gear?  Unless you asked about the LG kids watches directly I can see why this happened it should not have but it did.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I don’t want to give my six year old a phone or a $600 Apple Watch. The Gizmo is EXTREMELY popular in my community. Why on earth does AT&T not offer one. My husband and I spend over $400 a month with AT&T and are seriously thinking of switching because of this. And battery life has not been a problem for any of the people I’ve talked to, so they’re probably just showing the extreme situations in those findings. 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I disagree with some of these responses. My son has 2 friends with Verizon and their parents are more than happy with their watch phone. Battery life is NOT 4 hours. Yes. Needs to be charged but so does every smart device now a days. Been watching for almost a year thinking they would get on the same page as their competitors.  ATT totally dropped the ball and looks like I may be leaving well at least for my wife's and now sons phone/watch. Ashame ATT doesn't adapt. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

Adapt to what?  A nitch device.  Att sold a kids watch and it floped.  It was called the flip...  I watch sales numbers of cell carriers and of reported they sold very little of those Gizmo devices.  Plus LG is not known for quality,. I get parents don't want to give more cell phones if they are underm10.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Okay, so we are among the first group of young families in our neighborhood of 1,500 new homes to have children reach the age where they are somewhat independent but not independent enough to have all the responsibilities that a real phone brings.  We are extremely disappointed that AT&T STILL does not offer a comparable device like the Gizmo Gadget currently being serviced by Verizon.  Perhaps the reason that the device they had a year ago didn't have much in sales is because this is a NEW market being developed.  There is so much research being done on the harmful effects of giving children phones at an early age, and social media is blowing up at the moment with the dangers of giving these devices to your kids.  Now that parents are becoming more and more aware of how harmful it is to give a child a "real" phone we would now like to find something safer for our kids.  How hard is this to understand? Markets change, and right now the Gizmo watch is a hot market.  We have been doing extensive research on other watches that we may or may not be able to "add" to AT&T, trying to figure out a way to stay, and so far, there's nothing we have found that is as reliable and affordable at Verizon's Gizmo.  We have been customers with AT&T for almost ten years.  We don't want to switch after all that time - we were quite happy, but at the moment, we have to do what's best for our family and that means making a switch.  Many other families will be following us and I imagine someday, hopefully soon, AT&T will finalize realize that there is a market for a watch like this!  Flip phones don't work for active kids and we need something to stay in touch with them when they are on their bikes without worrying if that flip phone is going to fall out of their pockets.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

It’s enough to make me consider switching providers...I’m not giving an 8 year old a cell phone so what option is att giving me 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@ahuston wrote:

Okay, so we are among the first group of young families in our neighborhood of 1,500 new homes to have children reach the age where they are somewhat independent but not independent enough to have all the responsibilities that a real phone brings.  We are extremely disappointed that AT&T STILL does not offer a comparable device like the Gizmo Gadget currently being serviced by Verizon.  Perhaps the reason that the device they had a year ago didn't have much in sales is because this is a NEW market being developed.  There is so much research being done on the harmful effects of giving children phones at an early age, and social media is blowing up at the moment with the dangers of giving these devices to your kids.  Now that parents are becoming more and more aware of how harmful it is to give a child a "real" phone we would now like to find something safer for our kids.  How hard is this to understand? Markets change, and right now the Gizmo watch is a hot market.  We have been doing extensive research on other watches that we may or may not be able to "add" to AT&T, trying to figure out a way to stay, and so far, there's nothing we have found that is as reliable and affordable at Verizon's Gizmo.  We have been customers with AT&T for almost ten years.  We don't want to switch after all that time - we were quite happy, but at the moment, we have to do what's best for our family and that means making a switch.  Many other families will be following us and I imagine someday, hopefully soon, AT&T will finalize realize that there is a market for a watch like this!  Flip phones don't work for active kids and we need something to stay in touch with them when they are on their bikes without worrying if that flip phone is going to fall out of their pockets.

@ahuston

LG's report of these watches sold number in less than 200k that is not a market when you think about the R&D cost for a device and verizon has a exclusive deal with LG.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Has anyone used Relay?? It looks like a little speaker. Single button in the middle. Used kinda like a walkie talkie, but using LTE and connects with phone app... I think it’s like $7 monthly and $100 for the device

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I just bought a Verizon gizmo off a buy sell trade page, I’m not going to be able to hook it up for my daughter under my AT&T plan?!?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

Nope.  It's verizon only.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.