For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
NavyFit's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, November 1st, 2018 6:33 PM

Kid smart watch

Hello I'm looking for a kid smart watch that will work with an att sim card. I do t want to get a phone since it will be easily left behind. So I'm looking for something my child can wear and still be able to communicate with me. Something that offers good signal and wont kill the battery. Can anyone help me?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@NavyFit

att does not sell such a  watch.  Only verizon has kids watches.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I know att dosent carry a kid watch but I'm asking if there is one on the market that will work with an att sim card and have the service? There's several watches out there but I keep seeing some that say they work but end up not being compatible. I'm wondering if anyone has had any success in finding one that works with it or even prepaid att? I have gotten my child a smart watch and found a service for it but it's not reliable. Its constantly searching for signal. 

Associated Member

• 

200 Messages

5 years ago

I personally have the Samsung gear 2 and I love it. It is easy to use, plus you have little games added to it. In addition, if you charge it sometime during the day, like during during meals or such, you can have your child wear it during the night and it will track their sleep patterns

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@NavyFit wrote:

I know att dosent carry a kid watch but I'm asking if there is one on the market that will work with an att sim card and have the service? There's several watches out there but I keep seeing some that say they work but end up not being compatible. I'm wondering if anyone has had any success in finding one that works with it or even prepaid att? I have gotten my child a smart watch and found a service for it but it's not reliable. Its constantly searching for signal. 

like I said there is not much out in the wild for ATT.  Most smart watches require a cell phone.  Like the PP the gear s2 might be a option but on cellular it will eat a battery in less than 4 hours.

Associated Member

• 

200 Messages

5 years ago

I charge mine every 2 days and it is on data for at least 9 hours each day 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@rldvxi wrote:

I charge mine every 2 days and it is on data for at least 9 hours each day 

and how far do you get away from your cell phone in those 9 hours?

Associated Member

• 

200 Messages

5 years ago

My phone is normally in my locker in another part of the building and out of bluetooth range

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@rldvxi wrote:

My phone is normally in my locker in another part of the building and out of bluetooth range

I am assuming its connected to wifi tho?

Associated Member

• 

200 Messages

5 years ago

Nope. I don't have the wifi password, lol. I have been using more battery lately but at the same time I have downloaded more games and apps

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@rldvxi wrote:

Nope. I don't have the wifi password, lol. I have been using more battery lately but at the same time I have downloaded more games and apps

interesting I could never get the gear s2 to last more than 4 to 6 hours on LTE

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.