For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
MissEverson's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, February 22nd, 2016 3:51 PM

Continous Number Sync disabling

This is getting frustrating and out of hand. My Gear S2 keeps getting the infamous "Number sync will be disabled, the service is currently unavailable." Why offer a service for a device that clearly is not functioning? Please tell me what the remedy is for this, or what is in the works.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

420 Messages

2 years ago

Hello Community,

Although this is an older thread, we wanted to jump in and provide some additional troubleshooting for new customers that are finding this thread.  As @GLIMMERMAN76 indicated, HD Voice is required for this to work.  If you move out of HD Voice coverage, you could run into issues.

Before you set up numbersync for your Samsung wearable, make sure that:

• Bluetooth is turned on for both your wearable and your smartphone
  • You have paired your smartphone and wearable using the Samsung pairing process
  • You have an active wireless plan for your wearable
  • You have a NumberSync user ID for your wearable - your AT&T User ID has to be associated with a specific phone number.

Also, for the best NumberSync experience, choose AT&T Messages Backup & Sync as the default messaging app on your smartphone. Here’s how:

• Go to Messages.
  • Tap More, then Settings, and finally AT&T Messages Backup & Sync.
  • Select Turn it on if it’s not already enabled.

Once this is complete, we’ll send you a confirmation text. You'll want to ensure that you have the latest software on your devices. NumberSync options won’t display on their wearable unless your software is updated to the latest software.

An AT&T HD Voice-capable smartphone that supports AT&T Messages Backup and Sync service is also required for Numbersync. To learn more about this, check out our article on AT&T HD Voice.

If you're still having difficulties, please create a new question and we'll assist.

(edited)

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

number sync requires HDvoice if you drop out of hdvoice coverage it will give you that message.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

So the kitchen has HDvoice, but walking less than 3 feet away to the living room does not? This is ridiculous.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@MissEverson wrote:
So the kitchen has HDvoice, but walking less than 3 feet away to the living room does not? This is ridiculous.

coverage can change that much.  I returned my gear s2 3g and went to a gear s2 classic.  Also it has more to do with the phone losing hdvoice not the watch.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks-but this has been happening even with my Note 5 in my hand and the watch on my wrist.

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

@MissEverson wrote:

coverage can change that much.  I returned my gear s2 3g and went to a gear s2 classic.  Also it has more to do with the phone losing hdvoice not the watch.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

number sync is far from perfect.  I liked how the gear s worked with just forwarding everything to the watch from the phone.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Exactly the issue I am having too.  For a month now, paying $10.00 a month for a service that does not work.  After weeks and hours with tech support, now they say it is a known issue...a funky code they don't recongnize prevents number sync from working correctly...but they take my money every month....without providing the service.  Now tech support says they cannot fix...MAYBE somebody will contact me in a couple weeks to fix?  Why can't AT&T fix it....before they sell a product that doesn't work to begin with?  Jeannie FRUSTRATED

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

We sent wearable to Samsung for warranty...no change. AT &T told Better Business Bureau they don't care and closed the case. Not to mention Amber at the Presidents Office lied to better business Bureau and said they offered termination with no fees, which is a lie...and they will not do. I received a call and an email proof from AT&T they know there is an issue with Android, but they cannot fix and don't care at all. Evidence is I still have a wearable that does not stay connected to NumberSync...as promised and paid for each month. That is theft of services right? What can we do? Does anybody care about the consumer and other people who are going to get ripped off?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Your paying for service to the watch as a standalone device not numbersync. I have a LG watch urbane 2 and numbersync works fine but I don't use it. So Android is not the problem. More like Samsung's tizen the gear watches run on.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

MissEverson (and anyone else having a NumberSync issur)

First, I am a Gear S2 fanatic, an AT&T Authorized Retailer (which means I am NOT employed by AT&T and not allowed to speak on their behalf BUT I DO sell their products and services).

With all that in mind, please accept my apologies sincere empathy (I have had to work thru some of the same issues) as I can relate.

#1 - I too have a Note 5 and my Bluetooth range is TERRIBLE. I can literally walk 5 feet from ANY bluetooth accessory and it will disconnect so the problem is definitely the Note 5 (not your watch). My son and daughter also have the Note 5 as does one of my employees and theirs all work GREAT. I haven't been able to figure it out BUT seems like a defect that I hear of. Keep in mind (although it is hard to swallow) that Samsung is the manufacturer and even though AT&T sold it, they did not make it and definitely don't want you (or I) to have a poor experience...but it does happen.

#2 - As one of the others stated, NumberSync does require HD Voice to function with ALSO depends on LTE service. Here where I live, I can have great HD Voice in town, but can definitely imagine if I lived in a house with steel siding, metal roofing, radiant heat or brick it could easily "knock out" LTE which then would knock out the HD Voice and then the NumberSync which would be VERY frustrating.

Before I used NumberSync, I used the Samsung Account to automatically forward calls and messages to my Gear S2 and actually was VERY pleased. Another thing I would make sure and do FIRST is get a new SIM from your favorite Retail location.

Just know that AT&T wants EVERY customer to have a GREAT experience, but that can be a very tall order to fill (keep in mind that I am not authorized to speak on their behalf tho)...be persistent and patient even though that may be hard sometimes I know...you catch more bees with honey and they definitely WANT to make it great for you. Get a rep local to you that you can build a strong rapport with and they will stip at nothing to get it resolved if at all possible...atleast that is how we work here in Devils Lake, North Dakota.

I hope this helps some how....

Jeff
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.