Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Continous Number Sync disabling

Highlighted
Contributor

Continous Number Sync disabling

This is getting frustrating and out of hand. My Gear S2 keeps getting the infamous "Number sync will be disabled, the service is currently unavailable." Why offer a service for a device that clearly is not functioning? Please tell me what the remedy is for this, or what is in the works.
Message 1 of 16
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by ATTJulieCS
‎05-25-2016 11:42 AM

Re: Continous Number Sync disabling

number sync requires HDvoice if you drop out of hdvoice coverage it will give you that message.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 16
Contributor

So the kitchen has HDvoice, but walking less than 3 feet away to the living room does not? This is ridiculous.
Message 3 of 16
ACE - Expert

@MissEverson wrote:
So the kitchen has HDvoice, but walking less than 3 feet away to the living room does not? This is ridiculous.

coverage can change that much.  I returned my gear s2 3g and went to a gear s2 classic.  Also it has more to do with the phone losing hdvoice not the watch.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 16
Contributor

Thanks-but this has been happening even with my Note 5 in my hand and the watch on my wrist.

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

@MissEverson wrote:

coverage can change that much.  I returned my gear s2 3g and went to a gear s2 classic.  Also it has more to do with the phone losing hdvoice not the watch.

Message 5 of 16
ACE - Expert

number sync is far from perfect.  I liked how the gear s worked with just forwarding everything to the watch from the phone.

Message 6 of 16
Tutor

Exactly the issue I am having too.  For a month now, paying $10.00 a month for a service that does not work.  After weeks and hours with tech support, now they say it is a known issue...a funky code they don't recongnize prevents number sync from working correctly...but they take my money every month....without providing the service.  Now tech support says they cannot fix...MAYBE somebody will contact me in a couple weeks to fix?  Why can't AT&T fix it....before they sell a product that doesn't work to begin with?  Jeannie FRUSTRATED

Message 7 of 16
Tutor

We sent wearable to Samsung for warranty...no change. AT &T told Better Business Bureau they don't care and closed the case. Not to mention Amber at the Presidents Office lied to better business Bureau and said they offered termination with no fees, which is a lie...and they will not do. I received a call and an email proof from AT&T they know there is an issue with Android, but they cannot fix and don't care at all. Evidence is I still have a wearable that does not stay connected to NumberSync...as promised and paid for each month. That is theft of services right? What can we do? Does anybody care about the consumer and other people who are going to get ripped off?
Message 8 of 16
ACE - Expert

Your paying for service to the watch as a standalone device not numbersync. I have a LG watch urbane 2 and numbersync works fine but I don't use it. So Android is not the problem. More like Samsung's tizen the gear watches run on.
Message 9 of 16

MissEverson (and anyone else having a NumberSync issur)

First, I am a Gear S2 fanatic, an AT&T Authorized Retailer (which means I am NOT employed by AT&T and not allowed to speak on their behalf BUT I DO sell their products and services).

With all that in mind, please accept my apologies sincere empathy (I have had to work thru some of the same issues) as I can relate.

#1 - I too have a Note 5 and my Bluetooth range is TERRIBLE. I can literally walk 5 feet from ANY bluetooth accessory and it will disconnect so the problem is definitely the Note 5 (not your watch). My son and daughter also have the Note 5 as does one of my employees and theirs all work GREAT. I haven't been able to figure it out BUT seems like a defect that I hear of. Keep in mind (although it is hard to swallow) that Samsung is the manufacturer and even though AT&T sold it, they did not make it and definitely don't want you (or I) to have a poor experience...but it does happen.

#2 - As one of the others stated, NumberSync does require HD Voice to function with ALSO depends on LTE service. Here where I live, I can have great HD Voice in town, but can definitely imagine if I lived in a house with steel siding, metal roofing, radiant heat or brick it could easily "knock out" LTE which then would knock out the HD Voice and then the NumberSync which would be VERY frustrating.

Before I used NumberSync, I used the Samsung Account to automatically forward calls and messages to my Gear S2 and actually was VERY pleased. Another thing I would make sure and do FIRST is get a new SIM from your favorite Retail location.

Just know that AT&T wants EVERY customer to have a GREAT experience, but that can be a very tall order to fill (keep in mind that I am not authorized to speak on their behalf tho)...be persistent and patient even though that may be hard sometimes I know...you catch more bees with honey and they definitely WANT to make it great for you. Get a rep local to you that you can build a strong rapport with and they will stip at nothing to get it resolved if at all possible...atleast that is how we work here in Devils Lake, North Dakota.

I hope this helps some how....

Jeff
Message 10 of 16
Contributor

Trying to sync phone calls between LG 10 tablet and Samsung 7 phone. Set up appropriately, but keep getting message that Number Sync is not available and calls never go through from tablet. However, The sync to my Gear works fine.

Message 11 of 16

Hi, My husband has a Gear S2 and a Galaxy S7 phone.  All was good until we switched out acct from business to residential accts.  The wearable no longer syncs with the main phone number.  We have been working with AT&T to resolve it since 12/28.  When he originally got the watch last Christmas we did have to take it to the AT&T store to get it to work.

I am beginning to think that he did not actually use the numbersync feature on the phone but that the store used the call forwarding option from the phone to get it to work.  From your post this sounds like it works.

My husband really misses this feature and if that works we are game.  Can you tell me where to find that setting?  Does it work with text messages too?  I know he'd get text messages as well.

Thanks

Message 12 of 16
Contributor

I have has the S2 watch since last July. Number sync has been on the entire time I've had it. It has never turned itself off for any reason. After the last software update to the watch it has been turning itself off at least 3 times a day. I'm assuming it's an issue with the last update.
Message 13 of 16
Former Employee

The HD Voice cause might be the cause of some sync issues, but it doesn't hold true with my Gear S2. I lose number sync constantly and if my phone is ever out of Bluetooth range, number sync disables itself. Sort of defeats the purpose.

As an AT&T retiree, I really want this service to work and work well. But it clearly doesn't. When the two year contract is up on my Gear S2, I will be getting rid of it until I can move all of my devices to a better network.

Message 14 of 16
Contributor

My watch is currently doing the same thing and i have the S8 Plus with a Gear S2 and the last month i think maybe longer. The NumberSync keeps getting disabled. Is there a solution for this at all? Or are we waiting on Samsung to roll out an update?

Message 15 of 16
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...
TechBuzz by AT&T is here to show you some of the ways that you can stay heart healthy with smart devices.
Additional Support