For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
SassyMaxine's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Monday, October 2nd, 2017 1:22 AM

Closed

Apple Watch 3 won’t connect to the ATT cellular network

Can someone anyone from ATT please solve this issue. I’ve sent over 6 hours on the phone with reps trying to solve this issue. I’ve had my watch since Sep 22 and it will not connect to the cellular network! The only reason I purchased the new series was because of the LTE connectivity. If ATT is unable to solve the issue will I be issued a complete refund for the device?

I’m tired of calling ATT just to be placed on hold! I’m currently on hold yet again waiting for a representative... I’m going on 24 minutes since I asked for a supervisor to review my account.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I had to change my 10 year-old, grandfathered plan, to make it all work. That’s the bottom line.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Easy setup! Your first action is to call AT&T to add the Watch to your account, second action is to setup a 

login and password on https://m.att.com/myatt/#/login, even if you have an account setup for AT&T, you must setup a number sync account, now you start the process of syncing your watch to your phone, and if you reading this, you’ve probably had an issue and started the syncing process before doing the above so you need to start over, unpair the device if you’ve done that part already and reboot the watch, now go step by step and you should be fine! I had an issue also, but I did the above and it paired just fine! Good Luck

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for your advice, however, the only thing I had to do was change my plan from unlimited grandfathered...I did not need to create new user names or new passwords—after 24-48 hours the watch synced. Not sure if we it was due to waiting for my new plan to kick in???
But thank you for your input.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@troublemaker wrote:
Thank you for your advice, however, the only thing I had to do was change my plan from unlimited grandfathered...I did not need to create new user names or new passwords—after 24-48 hours the watch synced. Not sure if we it was due to waiting for my new plan to kick in???
But thank you for your input.

@troublemaker

yeah reps dont tell you it could take a 24-36 hours for some changes to kick in...  Glad you got your watch working.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

It is amazing that every customer reports a different route that has been taken trying to fix this issue. AT&T owes customers a simple solution even if they have to sweat in the background to provide it given their poor systems capabilities. Right now we are the ones sweating and this is not acceptable.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This is ridiculous!  2 hours last night.  Over 6 hours total today and at least 1.5 hours on chat sessions for 2 days.  PLEASE, PLEASE, someone get this resolved!  I too was told, change my plan.  Did that.  Did not work.  Get a new user name for ATT app. Did that.  Did not work!  Now, I was told send phone back and get a new one or see if we can fix it in 48 hours!  OMG...HELP!

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

Go to the ATT store for help.
Once you are up and running, check your bill for the addition of added watches since you probably set/reset countless times—- I was charged for 4 watches, but problem was resolved—-I went to a ATT store—-I WAS FINISHED with phone calls.
1. If you are grandfather unlimited data, you will have to change your plan!!!!!
2. Once plan is changed allow 24-48 hours for all ATT info to sync to their data base.
3. I NEVER needed to change a user ID or a password—- not sure why that would be necessary?????
4. The watch works with the 4 main carriers: ATT, Verizon, TMobile, and Sprint.
5. Read all info/insights/problems with setup re: watch online/chat rooms
6. Contact Apple Support
7. Good luck, keeping fingers crossed that success will prevail!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

The problem isn’t with the Apple Watch, it’s the network.  Something on the back end that att support can’t seam to to figure out.  I’ve had this same issue, worked with their support  for over 10 days without a resolution.  I lost patience and ended up switching to another carrier and they were able to fget everything setup in less than 15 min.  No problems at all.

Its att/carrier related not Apple

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I totally agree. Had the same experience and every time ATT tries and does something differently. I haven’t thought about switching but I think they have to fix their systems that are awful.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I switched from T Mobile to AT&T because of the same issue. Now I know it’s an Apple Watch issue- not the service provider. I finally canceled my cellular service for the watch. Not worth paying for the additional line. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.