For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
SassyMaxine's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Monday, October 2nd, 2017 1:22 AM

Closed

Apple Watch 3 won’t connect to the ATT cellular network

Can someone anyone from ATT please solve this issue. I’ve sent over 6 hours on the phone with reps trying to solve this issue. I’ve had my watch since Sep 22 and it will not connect to the cellular network! The only reason I purchased the new series was because of the LTE connectivity. If ATT is unable to solve the issue will I be issued a complete refund for the device?

I’m tired of calling ATT just to be placed on hold! I’m currently on hold yet again waiting for a representative... I’m going on 24 minutes since I asked for a supervisor to review my account.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

I’m on the grandfathered unlimited plan. I did not have to change my plan in order for it to be activated. I do not want to change my plan because then we lose our company discount. I hope this helps. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

So I just got the iWatch 3 yesterday. Ordered it online a AT&T. My watch will not connect to the cellular because they have my iWatch as an iPhone 5S on my account. I spent an hour on the phone yesterday talking to AT&T rep, AT&T advanced tech support, and an Apple Support rep. Apple rep is supposed to call me back today. But im going to the store today after work to see if they can fix this. I hope I don't spend hours at the store. Wish me luck I hope this is an easy fix. I would assume that they need to change my account to show as an iWatch 3 not the iPhone 5S. Wish me luck. LOL

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I finally got mine to work today... I'm not sure if this will be the same fix for everyone, but this did the trick for me. 

I'm on a single-phone plan with AT&T.  When I went through the Apple Watch setup, it added the watch to my existing plan however it was added separately from my iPhone's data plan, which meant I could send/receive calls from the watch but could not access any data functions on it.  They moved the new watch (wearable) device as part of the iPhone plan, and everything immediately started working.  Hopefully this will help those with a similar issue. 

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

I had the same scenario, 2 days, 2 hours each day, multiple AT&T employees on-line putting me on hold, redirecting me, pairing/repairing the watch over 15 times---all along---per AT&T I then had to change my "grandfathered unlimited data plan" to get the watch up and running---I didn't want to, and I told AT&T that this info should have been shared in all advertisements to cellular watch consumers. Anyway, I did change my plan---arggggg----waited another 2 days, and set the watch up today in minutes---running perfectly----so my question is----"AT&T, what are you going to do for all of your loyal customers who have had to deal with this time wasting issue?????"

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

It says on the page for the watch which plans work.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

I already changed my plan—-
Watch works after a frustrating 72 hours!
And I had to give up my unlimited grandfathered data plan—ATT should have made this a known factor in advertisements!
However, plan is changed, Watch is working, and many many many hours of MY time was “wasted”—all AT&T had to do was admit —- YES, we are having internal issues—it took discussion with 5 phone support people (over 2 days) before one young woman FINALLY said—-we are aware there is a problem and it is being addressed! Oh, and the very first phone support said—you need to change your plan—and I did—-but the initial sync didn’t work because of Sync issues within AT&T.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

So I’m not sure what happened but I updated my watch to the new update and
then went back through the steps to sync my wearable and it activated
flawlessly. I have the new unlimited data plan so it wasn’t the plan. So
I’m not sure what happened I’m assuming it was the update needed to be done
on the watch.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Update:

so so I thought about it after I wrote this question yesterday. And I thought maybe the watch needed an update. Since my Series 1 just did and update a couple of weeks ago. So sure enough it did. I did he Update last nite and went back through the steps to set up the sync wearable and it went through everything flawlessly. So not sure if this will help others. Make sure the watch is updated. And I forgot to add I have the new unlimited data plan so I knew that wasn’t the problem. 

Good luck to everyone. I know I was frustrated and I didn’t spend hat much time dealing with the issue. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Cannot get my watch to connect after trying both resetting user ID and doing a reset.

Pretty disappointing experience and empathize with all those here who’ve burned so much time on this.

Does anybody have a set steps I could try or re-try? 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Change your user ID exclude email address , master reset the Watch
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.