The new iPhone 15
ccooper2171's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, September 21st, 2018 6:52 PM

AT&T is not able to activate my smart watch because I bought my phone direct from Samsung.

I bought my S8 from Samsung about a year ago. I did not upgrade through AT&T, though I've been a customer for 15 years.  I took the phone into AT&T, they SIMed it up, and all is well.  Just recently I bought a Gear S3 Frontier smart watch, but I bought it from AT&T and they cannot activate it to Number synch with my phone, because of the way I bought the phone.  This is extremely frustrating, I've been working with their engineering department for 3 weeks now and they are getting nowhere.  What can be done?  you cant tell me this is an impossible task!  I cant be the first to experience this problem.  I did activate a separate number and the watch is not used.  Help...

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

They can't make it work.  The phone your using does not have the CSC files needed to make hdvoice and wifi calling work on that phone.  Att does not support enhanced carrier services on a non branded att phone.  iPhone is the exception. Some Android phones like the pixel 2 have hdvoice and will work with numbersync.  Unlock non carrier Samsung devices will not.

Mentor

• 

34 Messages

6 years ago

Time to go to a Higher Up tech person. Keep pushing. 3 weeks!?! Unacceptable!
A couple of years ago I spoke with a super knowledgable tech rep. Wish I had her name and private number! Solved my phone-watch issue in minutes. 15-year employee. AT&T needs waaaay more employees like her!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@ccooper2171

I know it’s frustrating, but you bought an incompatible device.   @GLIMMERMAN76 Is correct.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/features/numbersync.html

To use NumberSync for wearables, you’ll need a smartphone that’s been enabled for AT&T HD Voice. Visit att.com/hdvoice for a device listing and more details.

With almost no exceptions, that means an ATT branded phone and always means postpaid services.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.