The new iPhone 15
Assesss's profile

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Wednesday, March 21st, 2018 6:43 PM

AT&T building noise

We live next door to 3900 Blackhawk Plaza Circle. I’ve fought for at least 20 years a humming sound coming from the building.

HELP! I’ve called the call center and gotten responses that are unacceptable. I’m beside myself! They (property manager) Mike Becker says there is no noise...my S.O. Is trying to help me now calling other agencies as the humming and smoke bellowing from this building could also be cancer causing...we’re calling the EPA, OSHA, anyone we can for help 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Assesss wrote:
FYI...Yes...it IS an AT&T building...it is a warehouse that houses data material and has to be kept a certain temperature..I live next door to it. IT HUMS constantly....I have talked to building management....to no avail...they are very rude and dismissive. Thank you for at least answering me...my husband and I are now talking to OSHA and/or the EPA..[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]..

@Assesss

The humming is the power usage it takes to run a data center...  OSHA has no control over this since it does not effect worker health and safety and the EPA even less...  FCC maybe since its telecom equipment...  I notice there is a wall that is in place...  Your city caused this problem allowing residential so close to a commercial site.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

I have no idea who you should contact but I'm quite certain this forum and customer support can't help. Good luck.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

Looking it up, doesn’t show any ATT presence in that building, nor is it manufacturing.  It is some kind of warehouse and office building.  

You should address your issue with the building management 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

Looking it up, doesn’t show any ATT presence in that building, nor is it manufacturing.  It is some kind of warehouse and office building.  

You should address your issue with the building management 

@lizdance40

actually that is the central office for ATT's network gear...  you can see a ATT van at the back of the building if you look at the overhead view in google maps.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

FYI...Yes...it IS an AT&T building...it is a warehouse that houses data material and has to be kept a certain temperature..I live next door to it. IT HUMS constantly....I have talked to building management....to no avail...they are very rude and dismissive. Thank you for at least answering me...my husband and I are now talking to OSHA and/or the EPA.[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for your reply...I know the city shouldn't have let this happen, but I was powerless against AT&T....
I lived here 20 years before this happened. They had meetings and there was objection but they did it anyway of course.
I'm retired and not leaving, so I have to co exist somehow.
I sure appreciate any other advice you could give me. I'm thinking of OSHA because it does bellow out black smoke at certain times in the evening. There has to be an agency of some kind that could help.
Thanks again
Sandra and David

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

I think your spitting into the wind.  

But lesson learned.  My retirement home won’t be next to an empty lot.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

Well, I should’ve checked out WHO owned that open space! Never dreamed this could happen cause this is a residential area!
Yes, be careful

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

No, I'm not, (as you say), "spitting into the wind!" I received a call from an AT&T engineer who acknowledged the humming sound I'm hearing in my townhouse. He said the building needed routine maintenance and he worked on it and adjusted the fan and hoped that took care of the noise.

it did. I thanked him profusely and he told me to let him know if it ever bothers me again.

thank goodness there are still some people out there who care enough to help.

thank you John Simmons!

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

6 years ago

Hi @Assesss

That's great to hear. Thank you so much for posting an update!

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.