Bastosbrian's profile

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

Saturday, May 24th, 2014 12:39 AM

which new channels suck? bombed? bust?

To me FXX sucked. another FX with more commercials, FS1 promised to dethrone Espn, it became the UFC network. The courtroom channel is a joke. The new one America is amateurish! And off course all of those infomercial channels. Esquire is a bust, G4 still shows xplay from 2012! G4 the heroes and lost network!

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

10 years ago

Over on the DSLR Comcast TV forum, there's a 12-page thread (and still running) titled, "So does Comcast ever add channels?"

Couldn't be happier with the whole U-verse experience.  Grouped channels to where you think they should be, HD just needs a "1" added to the SD number, plenty of channels that Comcast and the others don't somehow have, premiums in HD and with West feeds so recording is easier especially during prime time.

The BIGGEST plus to me is that all these channels get added, and maybe a price increase of $3/month yearly.  Some may complain about all those shopping/infomercial channels, or the 80s-series channels with apps, but hey -- they pay AT&T to be there, which means our prices stay low.

Yep, can't see how anyone looking back to their previous provider can complain about getting new channels on U-verse.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

I do not know what channels Uverse offers other then the few I watch.  I will go down the guide and if I see a program that I want to watch I tune to it regardless of the station it is on.  Please try to understand that you are not the only person in the world.  Your garbage may be someone elses treasure.  If you do not like thoose channels do not watch them

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

You know adding channels has been the toughest thing for cable providers since prehistoric times, i.e., the 1980's.  My old 30 channel cable provider said that the toughest thing (at that time) was deciding to add the Sci Fi Channel.  It was the most requested cannel but in the end no one watched it, lol.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

The SyFy channel gets a good bit of watching at my home.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

The SyFy channel gets a good bit of watching at my home.

Indeed but it sure was odd to hear the local manager state that it was the highest in the surveys for "must haves" but once added, it was last in the "watched" survey.  

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

I saw a study recently that said most people watch a short list of channels.  I think the average household was 17.  I would think it would take a while for the subscribers to get used to having it.  Especially before the days of PEG.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

Yeah, I posted that - it was from the LA Times and I bet it's spot on. 

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

10 years ago

wow, you people need to get a life, I am an uverse subscriber since aug 2009, u300, internet 18mbps. Who checks people's profile? Wow I didn't post in 3 years, and than I come to post. I guess I can't start a forum thread without asking you people for permission! gimme a break! Get a life!

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

10 years ago

Yes I have roku! who cares? apparently you do!

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@Bastosbrian wrote:
Yes I have roku! who cares? apparently you do!

Apparently you care that he cares.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.