Bastosbrian's profile

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

Saturday, May 24th, 2014 12:39 AM

which new channels suck? bombed? bust?

To me FXX sucked. another FX with more commercials, FS1 promised to dethrone Espn, it became the UFC network. The courtroom channel is a joke. The new one America is amateurish! And off course all of those infomercial channels. Esquire is a bust, G4 still shows xplay from 2012! G4 the heroes and lost network!

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

To each their own.  The channels you mention probably appeal to more subs than you think.  Since there is no way to "customize" the channels that you pay for AT&T carries channels that appeal to the populous.

If you don't like those channels you can always hide them so they don't appear in your guide.  Here are the instructions: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401569&cv=813#fbid=MsKd_1AcnUl

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

I watch FS1 and 2 more than I do ESPN.  They have more NASCAR coverage than ESPN, they also carry baseball, college football, and NRL (National Rugby League) and Aussie Rules Football.  I didn't watch FX that much and haven't watched FXX.  Technically these are not "new" channels, but rather rebranded channels from the networks.

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

10 years ago

Wow! Why are we paying for G4? Stuck on 2012!

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@Bastosbrian wrote:
Wow! Why are we paying for G4? Stuck on 2012!

Perhaps you should ask for a refund since you do not want to pay for G4.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@Bastosbrian wrote:
To me FXX sucked. another FX with more commercials, FS1 promised to dethrone Espn, it became the UFC network. The courtroom channel is a joke. The new one America is amateurish! And off course all of those infomercial channels. Esquire is a bust, G4 still shows xplay from 2012! G4 the heroes and lost network!

If you are unhappy that U-Verse is adding a lot of new channels, then perhaps you should switch to a provider that only adds the channels that you personally want.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

I didn't realize ESPN was built in a day.

I enjoy being an insomniac with FS2 in HD. The AFL is quite entertaining even though I have very little what they're doing out there.

Scholar

• 

125 Messages

10 years ago

The reason I have U-Verse in the first place is because the channel selection. They add most everything (Minus their beefs with Al Jazeera America and Hallmark Channel)

Compared to Time Warner, DirecTV, etc the channel selection is huge. If you want channels, you go with U-Verse. IPTV. 

Otherwise DirecTV, Time Warner, Comcast, Charter, and Dish Network would be glad to offer you a $29.99 package for a year with about 30-50 channels. 

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

10 years ago

Let's let truth be know where truth is...

The "member" that you're responding to hasn't had ONE interaction beyond what they posted over THREE YEARS AGO ....... AND that even those who patrol these forums haven't recognized this as someone who is purely here to cause trouble.  (Whoops...I know I probably stepped in it there.)

ANYHOW ... if things are THAT BAD then why are you still getting U-verse???  Oh, that's right, you probably AREN'T...

Sorry to bringing some sanity to this but it sounds like the "poster" must not like that AT&T actually ADDS channels, versus what others who seem to take away from the customers.

So, to that, I guess the question remains:  If U-verse adds channels and doesn't raise the price, then is there a sound from the other operators when that happens?

SURE ... and that would be, "What are they doing, adding channels when those dang customers are supposed to be paying more!"

Sure is nice to be part of the "in crowd" who have U-verse.

[word filter avoidance]

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@vid30jk wrote:

Let's let truth be know where truth is...

The "member" that you're responding to hasn't had ONE interaction beyond what they posted over THREE YEARS AGO ....... AND that even those who patrol these forums haven't recognized this as someone who is purely here to cause trouble.  (Whoops...I know I probably stepped in it there.)

ANYHOW ... if things are THAT BAD then why are you still getting U-verse???  Oh, that's right, you probably AREN'T...

Sorry to bringing some sanity to this but it sounds like the "poster" must not like that AT&T actually ADDS channels, versus what others who seem to take away from the customers.

So, to that, I guess the question remains:  If U-verse adds channels and doesn't raise the price, then is there a sound from the other operators when that happens?

SURE ... and that would be, "What are they doing, adding channels when those dang customers are supposed to be paying more!"

Sure is nice to be part of the "in crowd" who have U-verse.

[word filter avoidance]

Vid30jk: That was an excellent observance when you checked out Bastobrian's profile. He posted nine times on October 3, 2011, about Roku. He was never heard from again until he started posting eighteen times last week on May 23 and May 24. He has not posted since.

You could be correct in that he may not even be a U-Verse subscriber.

Scholar

• 

104 Messages

10 years ago

Wouldnt surprise me, who complains about channels they get? In my experience people seem to only complain about channels they dont get, as everyone knows if you dont like a channel you simply dont watch it and problem solved ha.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.