For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
bluefield86max's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 9th, 2012 4:55 PM

tv channels

How to get  the added channel of METV to the Att programming?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

You can make a channel request using the link below:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

Guru

• 

650 Messages

12 years ago

ME TV is a digital subchannel broadcaster. Uverse does not support local broadcast subchannels at this time in any of their markets. Time will tell, though, as there was a bunch of hoo-hah raised recently over the continued carriage of local stations owned by Raycom, Hearst, and others by AT&T. Could be that the new agreements include access to the subchannels in their markets.

Guru

• 

778 Messages

12 years ago

Sooner or later, if there is enough demand for a sub channel that is available in several markets, AT&T may take note of the demand and implement some changes to their policy.  Sub channels are a fairly new concept when compared to standard OTA broadcasting and long standing "cable" programing. 

Scholar

• 

113 Messages

12 years ago

I agree with what has been said.  Subchannels are still relatively new and are probably still unknown to some.  They are not avaliable on DirecTV or DISH Network either.  In time, I think all TV providers will begin to carry them as they gain popularity and noteriety.

Guru

• 

1K Messages

12 years ago

@jbdet313 wrote:

ME TV is a digital subchannel broadcaster. Uverse does not support local broadcast subchannels at this time in any of their markets. Time will tell, though, as there was a bunch of hoo-hah raised recently over the continued carriage of local stations owned by Raycom, Hearst, and others by AT&T. Could be that the new agreements include access to the subchannels in their markets.

I am in the SE Wisconsin area, Milwaukee market, and I get Me-TV on U-verse channel 19 (for 2-3 years now).  So it must be in at least some markets, and could become more available with time as you say.  I don't know much about the contract process and I certainly don't mean to sound as if I'm correcting you with a relatively trivial point, but I did want to point out that there is at least limited availablilty.

docbombay

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@docbombay wrote:

I am in the SE Wisconsin area, Milwaukee market, and I get Me-TV on U-verse channel 19 (for 2-3 years now).  So it must be in at least some markets, and could become more available with time as you say.  I don't know much about the contract process and I certainly don't mean to sound as if I'm correcting you with a relatively trivial point, but I did want to point out that there is at least limited availablilty.

docbombay

I would assume that in your market, Me-TV is not broadcast as a digital subchannel.

Guru

• 

1K Messages

12 years ago

To be honest, I don't really know--that sounds correct unless there is some regional contract allowing such a digital subchannel broadcast.  I may have misunderstood the post to which I replied, but I took it to mean that Me-TV is not available and I just wanted to point out that it is, in at least some areas.  Now that I re-read the post, I see that it does not preclude the broadcast of Me-TV in some form other than a digital subchannel--my apologies for jumping the gun. 

docbombay

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

Looking at the ME-TV site - http://metvnetwork.com/wherewatch.php?marketID=3

Just about anything can be on sub channels. I think people were asking for a Universal sports network that was on various subchannels. Looks like it was there all the time disguised as Versus.

Shows OTA as 49.1

TW & Charter -19
Dish, Direct & U-verse - 49

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

@aviewer wrote:

Just about anything can be on sub channels. I think people were asking for a Universal sports network that was on various subchannels. Looks like it was there all the time disguised as Versus.

No, Universal Sports and Versus (now NBC Sports Network) are two separate channels.  Versus is a cable only channel owned by Comcast.  Universal Sports is partly owned by NBC Universal.  It was an OTA digital subchannel but has now made the transition to also be a cable only channel.

Guru

• 

650 Messages

12 years ago

It looks like Uverse treats that ME TV in Racine/Milwaukee as a regular OTA channel, and that's actually what it was set up as. The channel used to run Jewelry/Shop at Home, and went full power when the new station owner signed up to do ME TV (they were the 3rd station to sign up with Tribune). There aren't any other digital subchannels, though, like This, Cool TV, The Country Network, or others in the local channel part of the lineup. That lineup also includes the low-power stations with America One and TBN, something that they don't do here in the Detroit area.

So it does look like the TRUE digital subchannels of the OTAs aren't carried by Uverse.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.