85GNFan's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, September 20th, 2015 7:06 PM

surround sound not in rear speakers with receiver

I'm using 3/2.1 setup with my Sony receiver (STR-DH820). As normal, voice comes out the center and surround out the left/right front, sub is good too. When I watch / record HD (5.1 Dolby) shows, nothing comes out the rear. When I tone test the receiver system, sounds come out of all speakers at a good volume. The receiver display says it is getting 5.1 from the Motorola VIP1225. One thread suggesting upgrading to ISB75STB box.

After posting this, I tested the speakers and they are weak, will replace and report back.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Replaced speakers with new three way and it

@85GNFan wrote:

I'm using 3/2.1 setup with my Sony receiver (STR-DH820). As normal, voice comes out the center and surround out the left/right front, sub is good too. When I watch / record HD (5.1 Dolby) shows, nothing comes out the rear. When I tone test the receiver system, sounds come out of all speakers at a good volume. The receiver display says it is getting 5.1 from the Motorola VIP1225. One thread suggesting upgrading to ISB75STB box.

After posting this, I tested the speakers and they are weak, will replace and report back.

Fixed the problem. Previous speakers were old and not loud enough anymore.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.