Explore & discover

Helpful Links

surround sound not in rear speakers with receiver

Tutor

surround sound not in rear speakers with receiver

I'm using 3/2.1 setup with my Sony receiver (STR-DH820). As normal, voice comes out the center and surround out the left/right front, sub is good too. When I watch / record HD (5.1 Dolby) shows, nothing comes out the rear. When I tone test the receiver system, sounds come out of all speakers at a good volume. The receiver display says it is getting 5.1 from the Motorola VIP1225. One thread suggesting upgrading to ISB75STB box.

After posting this, I tested the speakers and they are weak, will replace and report back.

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Tutor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by 85GNFan
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: surround sound not in rear speakers with receiver

Replaced speakers with new three way and it

@85GNFan wrote:

I'm using 3/2.1 setup with my Sony receiver (STR-DH820). As normal, voice comes out the center and surround out the left/right front, sub is good too. When I watch / record HD (5.1 Dolby) shows, nothing comes out the rear. When I tone test the receiver system, sounds come out of all speakers at a good volume. The receiver display says it is getting 5.1 from the Motorola VIP1225. One thread suggesting upgrading to ISB75STB box.

After posting this, I tested the speakers and they are weak, will replace and report back.

Fixed the problem. Previous speakers were old and not loud enough anymore.

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support