hernandez4267486's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, April 13th, 2014 1:05 AM

set locaion on weather channel?

New to Uverse - When I turn on the Weather Channel, I get Boulder CO and Aruba. ??? Cant the system set my location automatically like other cable systems? And I tried to Add a Location, but it keeps not saving so I am completely frustrated.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

10 years ago

This is one of the major differences between Uverse and cable.  While Uverse's local video office (termed a "headend" in cable) sends out your local broadcast channels (from channel 2-69), your Guide data, and inserts localized commercials on cable networks, it does NOT push out anything like the "Local on the 8s" or the scrolling local weather conditions on the bottom of the screen of The Weather Channel (TWC).  It knows where you are in the overall Uverse service area, but there's nothing it does when it comes to TWC.

You should do a restart, as DavidCS suggested.  Then you should be able to set your location on the TWC localized app, and it should remember it.

NOW, it's important to remember that about the ONLY thing the TWC app is good for is doing a scroll while you are watching The Weather Channel itself (either in SD on 225 or HD on 1225).  You aren't going to get "Local on the 8s"-style information.  You'll get the current temperature, and it will scroll through the forecasts for the next 4-5 days.

To enter your information, click "INFO" on your remote, and then use the arrows to move between the letters, clicking OK/SELECT to enter that letter.  After entering enough letters, the system should suggest city/town names.  Arrow right to get out of the letter selection area, and you'll be on the list of suggestions.  Move through the list with the arrows, and click OK/SELECT on yours.  This will now be saved in the system, and whenever you tune to TWC, the app will automatically pop-under the programming within about 1 minute, and will stay there until you hit EXIT.

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @hernandez4267486,

I am sorry about the issues you are having with the weather channel, but I would like to help. It sounds like there may be an issue, since it is not saving the settings. One thing to try is to reboot the U-verse receiver. To do so, just hold down the power button on the front left for 10 seconds. 

Let us know how it goes.

-David T

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

Good response vid30jk.

While the app is not LOT8's it's better than it used to be and far better than the accuweather app on 227.  The Weather Channel app does show radar and a few other pieces of info other than current temp and forecast.  I would like the full LOT8 but this is better than what we had.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.