TresaGreen's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, January 7th, 2015 12:08 PM

"other language" channels

I realize everyone needs their language & channels but they don't work on my package option so why do I have to scroll through them????  Besides setting up Favorite list for everything BUT those how can I get rid of them showing up on my tv????

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 years ago

@TresaGreen wrote:

I realize everyone needs their language & channels but they don't work on my package option so why do I have to scroll through them????  Besides setting up Favorite list for everything BUT those how can I get rid of them showing up on my tv????

Menu (via remote) ->Options>Channel Options>Hide Channels

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Great--Thank You!

Smiley Very Happy

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 years ago

I hide all foreign language channels in addition to all kiddie channels, shopping channels and Jesus channels.  And of course the channels I don't get in my package (HBO/Cinemax/etc.) but I'm a bit of a neat freak.

Each TV must be done individually, which works at my house since I hide NFL & ESPN on my TV but not the set DH watches.  Smiley LOL

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

9 years ago

The downside is that if they give a free preview of HBO for a weekend (or similar), then these channels will not magically "re-appear." You'll have to go to the list and then manually press the number of the channel to instantly go to that spot in the list.

For example... if HBO is doing a free preview on whatever Friday, I like to go to channel 1802 on Thursday night and unblock those channels.

I also believe you won't be able to search for shows...say you're looking for a certain movie...if it's on a hidden channel, you won't see it.

I find the website at www.freepreview.tv is great at announcing previews. Some prefer the "barker" channels that list the slides. On occasion, they'll also be posted on this forum.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.