For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
NoBoat's profile

Participant

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 25th, 2014 7:22 PM

pre-empted programs Hannnibal S2E7

How do you get a show that has been prempted by a sporting event?

I am missing Hannibal S2E7, recording was set and recorded the basebal game instead.

then the show did not even show up on demand!

What does U-vers do to capture shows that are prempted in local markets?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@NoBoat wrote:

I am missing Hannibal S2E7, recording was set and recorded the basebal game instead.

Uverse only shows what the channels send to them. In your case, it sounds like your local NBC station sent Uverse a baseball game instead of Hannibal. Are you in the SF Bay area? A quick google search shows that the local NBC station has reaired Hannibal at alternative times. You should contact them directly to find out when they reair those. 

It looks like Episode 207 was originally aired on 4/11/14, so it has probably been removed from OnDemand. You can watch episodes at NBC.com

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@NoBoat wrote:

How is it AT&T's responsibility.  All they do is rebroadcast what the networks send them. They cannot control the signal and do not "capture" anything.

Amazon has it available for $1.99

NBC.com has it available for free.

Guru

• 

622 Messages

10 years ago

@NoBoat wrote:

Probably the same thing that Xfinity, or TWC, or DirecTV, or Dish does - nothing.  It's not just that they can't be bothered with knowing what network shows have been pre-empted on every affiliate in the USA, but they would also have to take into account the possibility that a game that goes into extra innings might cause an otherwise unscheduled pre-emption in that city.  (If you do live in San Francisco, Fox threw some major fits when KTVU did this, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this played a major part in the station giving up local rights to Giants games, which I believe it had since the team moved to San Francisco in the 1950s.)

(And if you are in the San Francisco area, when there's a local sporting event on a network station, the first place you should look to see if the "pre-empted" show is on another channel is KICU-36 (cable 6/1006).)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.