DrewShay's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, July 4th, 2017 2:28 AM

offair all live channels

All of the online live tv channels say off air.  i have tried everything that i can think of. I even called ATT and they said that it DOSE NOT work on windows computers. 

anyone have any info on this??

20170703_221405.jpgupsidedown photo OFFAIR

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

I'm on a Mac and just sampled that page and I see the same thing...although mine is right side up.  Man LOL (sorry, I just couldn't resist)

I've never been to that page before.  So has it ever worked?  If so I assume it's just a temporary glitch.  I have no idea how long it takes them to fix "glitches".

Update :

Idea - maybe try the live chat.  See if you get anywhere with them.

I just checked this page and the live tv requires Microsoft Silverlight to be installed.  No way I will install that. Man Frustrated

If you already have Silverlight then I don't know why it's not working for you.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

yes i have reinstalled and checked for updates for sliverlight

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

yep, mine all say off air on my laptop but are still working on my Android phone

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Everything was working fine untile yesterday so I am pretty sure it's not a Silverlight problem

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

In the the most recent (?) Programming Notices for May (which includes June and July) someone pointed out about streaming to desktops no longer being supported.  I think the section in the notices was this:

On or after May 30, 2017, the Uverse.com site may be retired and no longer available for video streaming. Additionally, on or after May 30, 2017, the U-verse app may be unavailable on the XBox One and Windows mobile operating systems as well. Customers will still be able to stream via the U-verse mobile app on all other supported platforms. More information will be available at Uverse.com.

Ok, July is certainly after May 30!  So maybe this is now in effect and they were just "slow" getting around to doing this.  That is certainly consistent with what @dacypo was seeing above.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

7 years ago

I watch Uverse Live every night while my hubby is in the living room watching the big TV.  Been doing this "forever".  My Windows 7 laptop started showing all channels as  "Off Air" on July 3rd.  I used the "Support Chat" feature today and was told my issue is being "escalated".  I sure hope they don't discontinue this service because it is one of the BEST ways for both of us to enjoy Uverse at same time.  And no, Mr AT&T Support person, I do NOT watch TV content on my phone or ipad.  I have a good sized HD monitor attached to my laptop so I am enjoying the UVerse "Live" content on a TV-sized monitor.  I have no intention of watching Uverse content on a phone or iPad-sized screen. 

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

7 years ago

You may order a wireless receiver to watch tv on you HD monitor (supports HDMI?) For $10 a month... Thus two tv locations requiring (2) receivers.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

@mythoughts So your suggestion is that I spend more money to buy what was promised when I bought this package now that it's been taken away. That makes no sense but I could see it helping to solve ATT's cash flow problems. ATT has probably violated its own contract.... I hope that means I can get out of it more quickly. The Internet has been spotty and extremely slow of late and now this. I wish I had never left Xfinity. I won't make that mistake again.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

7 years ago

uverse.com is still streaming live channels for me.  I've tested several and they've all worked.  Using Chrome (59) on Windows 10.  Also watched video on Edge (had to enable Flash to get that to work).

In short, I do not believe that AT&T has deliberately disabled this feature at this time.  If you're having issues, please report them via support channels (e.g. sending a Private Message to @ATTU-verseCare ).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Just adding that I too am having this problem. First time today. All channels come up "channel off air" --though there is still the ad to expand my package and buy more channels. Absurd. 

I'm on mac, using Firefox, fully updated, no adblocking program for uverse 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.