Kaiohana's profile

Explorer

• 

32 Messages

Tuesday, October 2nd, 2012 7:55 PM

new to uverse,working thru issues Game Lag and Intermittent Video Freeze

new to uverse, Game Lag and Intermittent Video Freeze

I have been working thru the issues on my own and things seem to have stabilized to the point that things are marginally annoying

What's been done to date:

Week 0

installer came out and Tested my household wireing using a fluke tested and certified my household wireing (AT&T's standards must be pretty low)

Week 1

At my Phone Service Box (AT&t Dmarc) Disconnected all wireing and Ran a new, Dedicated CAT6 line to where my RG is installed being careful to avoid all obvious sources of RF interferance

Week 2

Things are better service has stablized video freeze usually once a night, Game Lag who knows I only hear it when it is very bad

Week 2 Weekend - Video freezing on and off on staurday and noticable Game lag, Equipment reset, normal occasional video Freeze

Present - Posting to Community

lastnight I reset my counters and will continue to post the updates

How does my Bitloading look? from Everything I read It looks like I have a bridge TAP but I know for a fact that there isn't one on the CPE side as I ran a brand new Cat6 and disconnected everything else from the CPE side of the Demarc and I am not back feeding Dialtone

HDVR - Coax 

STB#1 - Coax

STB#2 - Wireless (nothing else is using Wireless in my household) 

I have Internet (12mb) and Phone (1 line) service as well

bitprofileError

3 Attachments

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

I'm glad you had a positive experience with the tech.  While your bitloading graph looks pretty much the same (and still has some wierd "valleys" or nulls), your error stats are looking much better.

Let's hope for continue good experience.

Explorer

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

It appears that my uverse journey is at an end, so I am posting my errors since last post and it appears that my VDSL is clean although I am still baffeled by the dips in my bitloading as they are usually signs of bridge taps but AT&T says there is nothing and I also tested with the power off (with minimal change to the Bitloading) so it can't be that,  well i guess we'll never know

so long and thanks for all the fish!

ErrorTable-2012-10-16-08-29-48.jpg

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

Did you ever send a PM to Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers, for assitance?

He can apparently get techs sent out who will work to solve the problem rather than just throw up their hands when the basic tests come up clean.  I would at least try his team before you give up.

Explorer

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

I did and a community manager contacted me and he is monitoring this case
I'll send and email right now
Thanks

Explorer

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

got contacted by an AT&T Employee and they want me to do some testing with the Tier ? Rep on the phone

so more to come

I'll the the community know what they want me to do for referance

Explorer

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

Talked to a AT&T representative and he said that I have a tape at 75’ (my guess is from the Residential Gateway)  I informed him that I ran a brand new cable and it is a homerun and I am currently not backfeeding dial tone to the house (again I do not want to confuse the issues)

To test:

AT&T had me move the Residential Gateway and connect directly to the diagnostic port on the AT&T Service box. Once the line is up he retested the line and there were no bridge taps

The final conclusion is that if my service continues to be problematic, I’d need my AT&T Service box to be replaced

I have one more test I can try if I feel like it, Since I am old school and it’s just as easy to run 2 cables as it is to run 1 cable.  My very last test will be to grab my crimpers and a couple RJ11’s and terminate the extra cable and connect directly to the diagnostic port .

Explorer

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

I just completed my testing using my extra cable

RG<----->RJ45(EIA-TIA568B)<---Cat6----->RJ11c4 [w/g,b,w/b,g]--->test/diag port on the NID

Bitloading-2012-10-29-18-27-11.jpg

Stats-2012-10-29-18-27-21.jpg

so we have diffenitly proven that it is the NID. So what's next, will AT&T want to replace my NID? Should I have my NID replaced?

Throught this process, i noticed that everytime we made a change my distance  from the Vrad went down by 100' (I wish I had a distance before i ran a new cable)

2 Attachments

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

While connected this way, are all issues with your service resolved?  If not, we're still looking for the problem.  If so, then I'd contact the community manager you were working with and tell him what you did.

If you don't have a direct contact channel for him, then use this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to let them know what's going on.  Reference any ticket number you may have.

Explorer

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

long story short,

the community manager consulted with I&R manager?

he verified what I was doing but questioned the use of RJ45's - that is a discussion for another day

feeling confident with the previous diagnostic sessions results, pointing to the NID as being bad and since I ran an extra cable to the RG 

all that is necessary was crimp a rj11c4 on the end (of the extra cable)  and connect to the NID diag port

Low and behold  - NO MORE BRIDGE-TAPS and my distance to the VRAD when down to 800'

the community manager stated that "this is by no means an AT&T recommended configuration/solution"

he also said that "if it is working and is stable you may want to live with it"  as AT&T dosn't like to change out NIDs and this will involve the UVERSE side of the house initiating a service ticket to the POTS guys and then when complete back to the UVERSE to certify service. He felt there is alot that could go wrong in this process

So my question is to change my NID or not that is the question?

Explorer

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

Jacks Labled Standard e-mail view.jpgATT SVC diag Standard e-mail view.jpg

2 Attachments

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.