For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
KatieE's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, April 30th, 2017 11:51 PM

need help to watch TV shows on my home computer

Before I begin, let me say I am using a dinosaur of a computer - I still run Windows XP!  I can't upgrade to a new computer for a while (financial reasons) and want to be able to watch my favorite shows on uverse. 

When I downloaded a new version of Mozilla Firefox, all my apps were wiped out.  I started over again and tried to find a suitable video player to use with uverse - it's been 4 days and I still haven't figured it out. Because of XP, the new version of Adobe Flash Player won't download.

If anyone has any ideas to help me, please post a reply.  Please don't tell me to ditch my computer and get a new one.  I can't afford to right now.

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

7 years ago

You can try to download an old version of Flash and the browser via www.oldversion.com

I'd also suggest trying out Google Chrome. It's more light-weight than Firefox, or at least it feels that way.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

The site for older versions of software is:  www.oldversion.com

Thanks!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Hi, I found the software at Old versions of Windows, Mac and Linux Software, Apps & Abandonware Games - Download at OldVersion.com - thank

|
|
|
| | |

|

|
|
| |
Old versions of Windows, Mac and Linux Software, Apps & Abandonware Gam...
| |

|

|

you for the update.  Downloaded the software....hope it puts me back in business!!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.