Explore & discover

Helpful Links

need help to watch TV shows on my home computer

Highlighted
Tutor

need help to watch TV shows on my home computer

Before I begin, let me say I am using a dinosaur of a computer - I still run Windows XP!  I can't upgrade to a new computer for a while (financial reasons) and want to be able to watch my favorite shows on uverse. 

When I downloaded a new version of Mozilla Firefox, all my apps were wiped out.  I started over again and tried to find a suitable video player to use with uverse - it's been 4 days and I still haven't figured it out. Because of XP, the new version of Adobe Flash Player won't download.

If anyone has any ideas to help me, please post a reply.  Please don't tell me to ditch my computer and get a new one.  I can't afford to right now.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by KatieE
‎05-01-2017 5:24 AM

Re: need help to watch TV shows on my home computer

You can try to download an old version of Flash and the browser via www.oldversion.com

I'd also suggest trying out Google Chrome. It's more light-weight than Firefox, or at least it feels that way.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Tutor

The site for older versions of software is:  www.oldversion.com

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
Tutor

Hi, I found the software at Old versions of Windows, Mac and Linux Software, Apps & Abandonware Games - Download at OldVersion.com - thank

|
|
|
| | |

|

|
|
| |
Old versions of Windows, Mac and Linux Software, Apps & Abandonware Gam...
| |

|

|

you for the update.  Downloaded the software....hope it puts me back in business!!
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support