maverick22's profile

Mentor

• 

12 Messages

Sunday, August 17th, 2014 2:25 PM

just got Internet- no luck getting AT&T to help add TV at new customer price

So I got Uverse Internet installed about 20 days ago. I'm very pleased with it so far. I'm willing to give TV a shot, however, no one is willing to give me the offer I see online for new customers (u300, 2 TVs hooked up, HD service, 18mpbs Internet for $97 before taxes). I have chatted with 3 reps, called retention a couple of times, and no one is budging. Unbelievable! I'm not trying to make some "steal of a deal". I simply want the new customer offer that I see online. I haven't even finished my 30 days yet.  I've been a wireless customer of AT&Ts for about 10 years and have always been pleased with customer service.  I find this ridiculous though!

Any ideas on how to get this done?

Thanks!

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

10 years ago

You can send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you in two to three business days to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. envelope.png

1 Attachment

Mentor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks, Jeffster.  I sent them a message.

-Kevin

Mentor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Doesn't really matter at this point as I've decided to either re-sign with DTV or go with Dish Network.  Just wanted to throw it out there that I've been pleased with AT&T's service with wireless and Internet, but with TV was getting all sorts of problems to add at a "new customer" price.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@maverick22 wrote:

So I got Uverse Internet installed about 20 days ago. I'm very pleased with it so far. I'm willing to give TV a shot, however, no one is willing to give me the offer I see online for new customers (u300, 2 TVs hooked up, HD service, 18mpbs Internet for $97 before taxes). I have chatted with 3 reps, called retention a couple of times, and no one is budging. Unbelievable! I'm not trying to make some "steal of a deal". I simply want the new customer offer that I see online. I haven't even finished my 30 days yet.  I've been a wireless customer of AT&Ts for about 10 years and have always been pleased with customer service.  I find this ridiculous though!

Any ideas on how to get this done?

Thanks!

Sounds like you are on ADSL2+ internet, that is past the distance that VDSL (TV, internet up to 45M) covers, so it's not available to you. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.