just got Internet- no luck getting AT&T to help add TV at new customer price

Mentor

just got Internet- no luck getting AT&T to help add TV at new customer price

So I got Uverse Internet installed about 20 days ago. I'm very pleased with it so far. I'm willing to give TV a shot, however, no one is willing to give me the offer I see online for new customers (u300, 2 TVs hooked up, HD service, 18mpbs Internet for $97 before taxes). I have chatted with 3 reps, called retention a couple of times, and no one is budging. Unbelievable! I'm not trying to make some "steal of a deal". I simply want the new customer offer that I see online. I haven't even finished my 30 days yet.  I've been a wireless customer of AT&Ts for about 10 years and have always been pleased with customer service.  I find this ridiculous though!

Any ideas on how to get this done?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (407 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Guru

Re: just got Internet- no luck getting AT&T to help add TV at new customer price

You can send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you in two to three business days to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (401 Views)
Mentor

Re: just got Internet- no luck getting AT&T to help add TV at new customer price

[ Edited ]

Thanks, Jeffster.  I sent them a message.

-Kevin

Message 3 of 5 (388 Views)
Mentor

Doesn't really matter at this point as I've decided to either re-sign with DTV or go with Dish Network.  Just wanted to throw it out there that I've been pleased with AT&T's service with wireless and Internet, but with TV was getting all sorts of problems to add at a "new customer" price.

Message 4 of 5 (187 Views)
ACE - Expert

maverick22 wrote:

So I got Uverse Internet installed about 20 days ago. I'm very pleased with it so far. I'm willing to give TV a shot, however, no one is willing to give me the offer I see online for new customers (u300, 2 TVs hooked up, HD service, 18mpbs Internet for $97 before taxes). I have chatted with 3 reps, called retention a couple of times, and no one is budging. Unbelievable! I'm not trying to make some "steal of a deal". I simply want the new customer offer that I see online. I haven't even finished my 30 days yet.  I've been a wireless customer of AT&Ts for about 10 years and have always been pleased with customer service.  I find this ridiculous though!

Any ideas on how to get this done?

Thanks!

Sounds like you are on ADSL2+ internet, that is past the distance that VDSL (TV, internet up to 45M) covers, so it's not available to you. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5 (179 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.