sheran_1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, May 4th, 2013 12:00 PM

i want my guide to only show the channels in my package!

day 1 and i am very frustrated with my new service! I do not want to search through a bunch of channels that i dont get to watch.. i set it thru shortcuts but it does not stay that way and so far doesnt work any way!! Please help before i cancel my new service. Also the peolpe talking does not match the timing of the show!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hopefully this will help,

Hiding or customize channels in U-verse lineup

Using your AT&T U-verse Remote Control, follow these instructions to remove the channels that you don't want to see in your guide or when browsing channels:
  1. To hide channels, press Menu, select Options, and use the down arrow to select Television. Then press OK.
  2. Select Customize Channels and press OK. Use the up/down arrows to scroll through your list of available channels.
  3. Press OK to uncheck (hide) or check (view) channels.
  4. When you are done, select Save and press OKNote: Even when a channel is hidden, you can still tune to it anytime using the number/ letter buttons.

Keep in mind if you hide channels and Uverse has a free viewing promo (usually around Thanksgiving) you will have to manually dial the channel number to view it.  The free preview opens up ALL channels as if you had the U450 package. 

Scholar

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

Hi Sheran,

Beebeesa has given the exact information Smiley Happy Hope that helps!

Please note that if you have more that 1 receiver, you will have to do it on each receiver separately.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

OMG!! Your solution to this is for us to go through 700+ channels and individually select show/hide!!?? Your kidding right!!! Very very poor design!! My receiver in my bedroom came out the box showing only channels I subscribe to, but nobody knows how this happened and every time I call for help I either get an un-educated person who hangs up on me because they don't know the answer to my question or I get a guy in India that reads from a script, repeats everything I say (He says to make sure he understands) I think it's to buy time so he can go to another pre written script. AT&T is SOOOO FRUSTRATING!!! I hope that people read this BEFORE switching to AT&T! The product is ok at best, but the customer service is NON EXISTENT!!!! Either go with your local cable company or DIRECT TV!! Direct tv's receiver's are far more advanced then these and their customer support is FAR SUPERIOR. The minute my contract ends with AT&T I'm leaving them!! One other question, WHY CAN'T I get MY LOCAL CHANNELS??? I live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, I do not want New Orleans Channels!!!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I'm with jaysignorelli...why is it so hard for the guide to show ONLY what I am PAYING for, without me having to go through ALL the channels and on EACH box?  That's insane!  

There is no reason why an AT&T programmer hasn't already set this up as a predefined way to save it (ie., in the options to customize the channels, add "Show only Family Package/U300/etc."), even if I do have to manually select that on each box.  You aren't going to pay me for the time it will take me to do it individually on each box, are you?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

@biz_kid1 wrote:

I'm with @jaysignorelli...why is it so hard for the guide to show ONLY what I am PAYING for, without me having to go through ALL the channels and on EACH box?  That's insane!  

There is no reason why an AT&T programmer hasn't already set this up as a predefined way to save it (ie., in the options to customize the channels, add "Show only Family Package/U300/etc."), even if I do have to manually select that on each box.  You aren't going to pay me for the time it will take me to do it individually on each box, are you?

It is what it is. 

You have a couple of choices:  1.) Live with it OR 2.) Fix it by hiding the channels OR 3.) Sit around and complain about it.  Pick one.

"Tis better to light a candle than curse the darkness..."  You mean I have to get the match to light the candle?  You're kidding, right?????  Smiley Frustrated

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

You forgot a 4th option. You can always cancel your service if ATT does not care enough to make it easy on customers.  Unfortunately, unless enough of us cancelled, ATT is not likely to make any changes. Contrary to what they may say, they really do not care about one customer.

Scholar

• 

210 Messages

10 years ago

There is another way but you have to do it each time you turn on a DVR/STB. It will remain until you turn it off. Go to:

Menu

Live

Channel Options

and then scroll across to Uverse Packages

There you can select U100, U200, U300, U400, U450...etc.

It will then list only those channels.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for this info.  I have been researching Uverse for a couple hours now and this string alone is enough to keep me from switching from DtV.

The final straw was "Menu - Live - 'pick package' U300 - 500 etc'

What happens when you have U200 and sports package or HD adder?  The HD channels are in the 1000's?

After reading many of these blog posts I am under the assumption that I can not set up the "family Room" receiver to a 'kids favorites list'  and 'mom & dad list' and then there is no 'channels I get list'  There is only a 'all channels that uverse provides list' and you deselect the ones you don't want to show up.

Is this really true?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

jca1073 - I scanned this thread & do not see mention of Favorites guide. You can build up to five favorites guides on each STB.
First create & name a guide ENTER button (bottom right) - select add favorites list
You can always add/remove a channel while watching it ENTER - add/remove favorites
Currently view the guide from that menu is broken
To view Favorites guide - Menu- 2 down arrow - OK (on Favorites)

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

I will add that (IMHO) the entire GUI needs a refresh.  And it ain't happening this year....  Hiding channels in an easy way, should be a top priority.   I did hear that they are going italicize the fonts for a recorded show, that you have started watching.  That low priority stuff making it as a top fix, into an annual release just makes me head spin. Smiley Sad

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.