Helpful Links

i want my guide to only show the channels in my package!

Contributor

i want my guide to only show the channels in my package!

day 1 and i am very frustrated with my new service! I do not want to search through a bunch of channels that i dont get to watch.. i set it thru shortcuts but it does not stay that way and so far doesnt work any way!! Please help before i cancel my new service. Also the peolpe talking does not match the timing of the show!

Message 1 of 22
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: i want my guide to only show the channels in my package!

Hopefully this will help,

Hiding or customize channels in U-verse lineup

Using your AT&T U-verse Remote Control, follow these instructions to remove the channels that you don't want to see in your guide or when browsing channels:
  1. To hide channels, press Menu, select Options, and use the down arrow to select Television. Then press OK.
  2. Select Customize Channels and press OK. Use the up/down arrows to scroll through your list of available channels.
  3. Press OK to uncheck (hide) or check (view) channels.
  4. When you are done, select Save and press OKNote: Even when a channel is hidden, you can still tune to it anytime using the number/ letter buttons.

Keep in mind if you hide channels and Uverse has a free viewing promo (usually around Thanksgiving) you will have to manually dial the channel number to view it.  The free preview opens up ALL channels as if you had the U450 package. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 22
Scholar

Hi Sheran,

Beebeesa has given the exact information Smiley Happy Hope that helps!

Please note that if you have more that 1 receiver, you will have to do it on each receiver separately.

Message 3 of 22
Contributor

OMG!! Your solution to this is for us to go through 700+ channels and individually select show/hide!!?? Your kidding right!!! Very very poor design!! My receiver in my bedroom came out the box showing only channels I subscribe to, but nobody knows how this happened and every time I call for help I either get an un-educated person who hangs up on me because they don't know the answer to my question or I get a guy in India that reads from a script, repeats everything I say (He says to make sure he understands) I think it's to buy time so he can go to another pre written script. AT&T is SOOOO FRUSTRATING!!! I hope that people read this BEFORE switching to AT&T! The product is ok at best, but the customer service is NON EXISTENT!!!! Either go with your local cable company or DIRECT TV!! Direct tv's receiver's are far more advanced then these and their customer support is FAR SUPERIOR. The minute my contract ends with AT&T I'm leaving them!! One other question, WHY CAN'T I get MY LOCAL CHANNELS??? I live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, I do not want New Orleans Channels!!!

Message 4 of 22
Contributor

I'm with jaysignorelli...why is it so hard for the guide to show ONLY what I am PAYING for, without me having to go through ALL the channels and on EACH box?  That's insane!  

There is no reason why an AT&T programmer hasn't already set this up as a predefined way to save it (ie., in the options to customize the channels, add "Show only Family Package/U300/etc."), even if I do have to manually select that on each box.  You aren't going to pay me for the time it will take me to do it individually on each box, are you?

Message 5 of 22
ACE - Master

biz_kid1 wrote:

I'm with jaysignorelli...why is it so hard for the guide to show ONLY what I am PAYING for, without me having to go through ALL the channels and on EACH box?  That's insane!  

There is no reason why an AT&T programmer hasn't already set this up as a predefined way to save it (ie., in the options to customize the channels, add "Show only Family Package/U300/etc."), even if I do have to manually select that on each box.  You aren't going to pay me for the time it will take me to do it individually on each box, are you?

It is what it is. 

You have a couple of choices:  1.) Live with it OR 2.) Fix it by hiding the channels OR 3.) Sit around and complain about it.  Pick one.

"Tis better to light a candle than curse the darkness..."  You mean I have to get the match to light the candle?  You're kidding, right?????  Smiley Frustrated

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 22
Contributor

You forgot a 4th option. You can always cancel your service if ATT does not care enough to make it easy on customers.  Unfortunately, unless enough of us cancelled, ATT is not likely to make any changes. Contrary to what they may say, they really do not care about one customer.

Message 7 of 22
Scholar

There is another way but you have to do it each time you turn on a DVR/STB. It will remain until you turn it off. Go to:

Menu

Live

Channel Options

and then scroll across to Uverse Packages

There you can select U100, U200, U300, U400, U450...etc.

It will then list only those channels.

Message 8 of 22
Contributor

Thanks for this info.  I have been researching Uverse for a couple hours now and this string alone is enough to keep me from switching from DtV.

The final straw was "Menu - Live - 'pick package' U300 - 500 etc'

What happens when you have U200 and sports package or HD adder?  The HD channels are in the 1000's?

After reading many of these blog posts I am under the assumption that I can not set up the "family Room" receiver to a 'kids favorites list'  and 'mom & dad list' and then there is no 'channels I get list'  There is only a 'all channels that uverse provides list' and you deselect the ones you don't want to show up.

Is this really true?

Message 9 of 22
ACE - Expert

jca1073 - I scanned this thread & do not see mention of Favorites guide. You can build up to five favorites guides on each STB.
First create & name a guide ENTER button (bottom right) - select add favorites list
You can always add/remove a channel while watching it ENTER - add/remove favorites
Currently view the guide from that menu is broken
To view Favorites guide - Menu- 2 down arrow - OK (on Favorites)
Message 10 of 22
ACE - Master

I will add that (IMHO) the entire GUI needs a refresh.  And it ain't happening this year....  Hiding channels in an easy way, should be a top priority.   I did hear that they are going italicize the fonts for a recorded show, that you have started watching.  That low priority stuff making it as a top fix, into an annual release just makes me head spin. Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 22
Contributor

Thanks for the answer.  Having multiple favorites lists is key as a few rooms in my home are multi use.

Message 12 of 22
Contributor

UVERSE could make this easy for us if they wanted to but they don't because they want you to notice a show or movie that your not subscribed to in the guide so you can think about upgrading your package. Cheap but probably effective marketing ploy. If you dont see those other available channels in the guide, you probably wouldn't think about it. 

Message 13 of 22
Contributor

Yeah I know it's an old thread but it is one of the first that comes up on this topic still. 

I'm with the others: It's ridiculous that ATT hasn't added this option in options.  Directv had this like 15 years ago.  I could change to that option and it stayed that way then I could go in when I knew a 'freeview' was coming up and change back to 'all channels' for the week(end) before going back to "Subscribed channels"

Message 14 of 22
ACE - Expert

I did hold back on posting this, but I have to do it.

I have been in the ranks of the complainers on this issue for lots of years. This burr was reported back when closed caption toggle  required a trip down the yellow brick road. They, finally, just introduced one button toggle for CC on one of the colored buttons. Wonder why they kept it a secret.

There are still two colored buttons available that could be used for a favorites guide or two.

But, I also take things into my own hands -

Back when the ENTER button access to the favorites guide was working I started using it & found that I rather endure the agony of the extra clicks than use the full guide.

Then when I got my Logitech Harmony Smart Control I programmed the GUIDE button to navigate the steps to bring up the Favorites menu with one short, delicate press.

I know, a purist will not be satisfied with watching the selection bar jump around, but for me it is a wonderfull thing.

If you really, realy want one button favorites guide access, get a Logitech Harmony Smart Control. Don't think of it as an unnecessary expense. Think of it as an investment in your sanity.

Message 15 of 22
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that!

Click here to check it out or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. You can quickly and easily resolve your service woes!

Do you need to contact us? Chat with us!

Additional Support