bfavero's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, January 24th, 2013 7:34 PM

how do i stream videos from uverse online using my tablet?

how do i stream videos from uverse online using my tablet?

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

I have watched some of the video content on the IPad in the past but it wasn't On Demand content.  At the time there were certain channels that had content already provided and I had to choose from their offerings.  I am going to try out the IPad app this evening to see if anything has changed with it.  I will post my findings.  Hopefully some cool features have been added.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

Here is an update about watching videos on the Ipad 2.  I went to the video on demand section of the Uverse app and I was able to see the significantly increased list of premium and network tv offerings.  I selected a movie and in a very short amount of time it played.  I also tried watching Cougar Town from  TBS on demand and it played back as well.

In another thread a user posted that they got something to the affect of "Service temporarily unavailable, try again later", but that is not what I got.  I don't know if that is a regional issue or not.  I didn't do anything special when I downloaded the app.  When I launched it I logged in using my main user ID and password and I was in.

On my Android phone I was able to go to the watch available videos to watch and was able to stream shows from Showtime and HBO as well.  So at this time I am able to watch On Demand content on my Ipad and my Android phone using the Uverse app.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

thanks for the responses...I guess I was really asking: are there any

circumstances where Uverse will not play on a tablet or phone.  the tech support

said as long as my device would allow access to the website, I should be able to

take advantage of all it offers.  I guess it appears my problem is that I have a

Nexus 7 which does not support Flashplayer, hence, no video dispite the fact I

can get into the website.

Another oddity: I also have an Android cell.  Uverse App download from the

Google Apps site (as well as the tablet).  the phone app has an extra line

(watch downloadable shows-something like that), whereas the tablet doesn't.  in

both cases, when I log in and attempt to watch a show, I get a message basically

saying it won't play on my device.  I don't get the on demand option so that

person may be correct in surmizing it is a "regional thing"

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

When I got my Android phone it wouldn't play back videos at all, but I downloaded an app that enabled me to play back videos as well as stream and On Demand videos.  Call the store where you bought your phone and tablet and ask them what app can be downloaded on to your tablet and cell phone so that you can watch video on demand and streaming video.  Isn't the Nexus 7 an Android device?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

yes...it is my understanding that the Nexus 7 is an Android device

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

Then you should be able to watch video on demand as well as streaming video on your tablet.  I am trying to find out which app I downloaded so that I could watch video on my phone.  One of the apps I downloaded was Youtube downloader from the Amazon app store.

Scholar

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

I guess, that's just a Random App... What about the U-Verse App?

Is it capable of streaming On Demand videos?

Can you watch the On Demand videos on it?(The ones that we have it on OnDemand menu of the TV)

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

That is the app I was referring to.  The Uverse app is what I use to watch the Uverse video on demand and streaming video on.  If your device won't play the videos then you will need to download a Flash player app to your devices.  Here is a link.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_kk_3?rh=i%3Amobile-apps%2Ck%3Aflash+player+for+android+tablet&keywords=flash+player+for+android+tablet&ie=UTF8&qid=1359689916

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

You can also download html5 but according to what I have read it should already be on your tablet.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

how does one download the uverse app w/ a smart phone ? my smart phone service is w/ Sprint

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.