For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ski480's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 3:33 AM

how do i keep the guide on the same place after i record or go back from information?

if I go on guide any look up something on a show or press to record it goes back to the channel im on instead of staying on the channel i"m looking up.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Not the guide, it's the favorites.  And you can't keep it in the same place when you try to get Info on it.  It's a, 'er, "feature".  They claim they designed it that way.  There's been a number of complaints about this in these forums.  I sent a PM about it last December (if I can find the reply I'll update this post) .  If it is changed I wouldn't expect it until the next UI update which happen late in the year (hence the reason I complained last December).  Hey, it could be worse.  Maybe they will add this "feature" to the Guide. Man Frustrated

Here's the reply from @ATTU-verseCare from last December when I complained about this problem - called it a bug back then:

We apologize about the issues. We are aware of the issue and have reported it. The new update has led to this change, and we have passed the information along to our teams. Currently, it is working as intended, but we have let our team know that some people are not happy with the change. They are looking into this. We apologize for the inconveniences on this.

[bold added by me for emphasis]

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

thanks I guess I'll just keep cusing at it then. LOL

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Yup, I curse every week I need to review the favorites against my scheduled recordings.  And I did find the reply I said I would look for so I updated my first post above.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

@_xyzzy_, if you're not already, reboot your DVR every two or three weeks.  Started this years ago to improve the reliability of Series Recordings picking up new episodes.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

@JefferMC:  While I do review the upcoming week to verify my series record I also do it to see if there is any new series and specials I might want to add to the schedule.  That's where the Info loss of position becomes aggravating.  Actually I rarely need to reboot the dvr except on those occasions where I know I have a series scheduled to be recorded but the red dots are not shown in the grid even though its in the schedule list.  It's been a while since I've even seen that though.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

7 years ago

Gotcha.  I don't think I've tried to go more than 4 weeks since the last firmware update.  I know I've tried to quit doing it and had to resume.  I also have a rather old DVR.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.