For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ticea's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, April 1st, 2013 9:39 AM

how do i access my dvr from my computer

I'm new to the u-verse and since, i've had it for about a month and a half i have chatted online and everyone has been helpful but i'm once again in a stump... I first had problems with the Internet connection now i would like to access my dvr from my computer which i was told was one of the futures that are included with my package but all I get is a error message maybe i'm doing something wrong if so can someone help i have almost had it with typing back and forth with customer service over and over...

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I don't have uverse anymore so it doesn't matter to me anymore. But dish offers this service so idk why uverse can't

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Why is there a "watch" button for the dvr viewings if you can not watch?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

@Heel49er wrote:

Why is there a "watch" button for the dvr viewings if you can not watch?

Where exactly are you seeing a 'watch' button? 

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

I'll try this again since my first reply disappeared. So what you are saying is - Drop your Uverse service and get Directv? "Take your DVR playlist to go. With a GenieGO connected to your HD DVR, you can watch your recorded shows on your computer or mobile device anywhere. You don’t even need an Internet connection when you want to watch." http://www.directv.com/technology/directv_everywhere Didn't ATT just purchase DirectV? Hmmmm.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Dish offers this functionality too -- you can watch anything on your DVR anywhere that has wifi [laptop or smartphone].  It doesn't make sense that AT&T does not offer this feature too.  Maybe they haven't figured out that people are mobile? 

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

I'm in the computer room cleaning my desk. Realize I can watch the football game on the computer. They have the channel blocked - Can record the game from the web page...

NO watch option. 

So I started looking at what I can watch like the news, blocked too. Haven't paid much attention to what you can watch on computer or tablet since the tablet app locks up all the time. 

Thinking back to whan I had time warner, the tuner in my computer let me watch any basic cable channel. If I wanted to record a show I wouldn't get a DRM lock out mesage when I put a DVD in the reorder. And when I was out of town I could VPN in and watch what ever I wanted. 

My Uverse new cutomer discounts expire soon and it my be time to re-evaluate. 

Also from the phone side, have a 'free upgrade' on phone but if I want a Iphone have to pay $650 or change plans and pay $26 for 30 months. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

8 years ago

@UpAllNight wrote:

I'm in the computer room cleaning my desk. Realize I can watch the football game on the computer. They have the channel blocked - Can record the game from the web page...

NO watch option. 

So I started looking at what I can watch like the news, blocked too. Haven't paid much attention to what you can watch on computer or tablet since the tablet app locks up all the time. 

Thinking back to whan I had time warner, the tuner in my computer let me watch any basic cable channel. If I wanted to record a show I wouldn't get a DRM lock out mesage when I put a DVD in the reorder. And when I was out of town I could VPN in and watch what ever I wanted. 

My Uverse new cutomer discounts expire soon and it my be time to re-evaluate. 

Also from the phone side, have a 'free upgrade' on phone but if I want a Iphone have to pay $650 or change plans and pay $26 for 30 months. 

You should be able to record the program on your DVR while using your Computer, as long as you have U-verse High Speed Internet.  If you want to watch it live, not all local stations allow video streaming, and only some networks stream sports events... I think CBS does, not sure about the others.  You cannot watch a recording from the U-verse DVR trhough anything but a U-verse TV Receiver.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

So what's the point?  So I can see all the shows I have recorded but I can't play them?  That's the most useless thing I've ever heard.  I am better off going to the station's website and just watching from there so what do I need AT&T for?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@Diceypony - If you are serious about watching your recorded shows - you are allowed to do it when you purchase a slingbox & connect it to the internet & the output of your STB & set up an IR blaster you can watch that STB (including recordings) as if you were in the same room with your remote in hand from anywhere you have internet access.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

@Caliguy809 wrote:
I am curious why it is ok to watch a program live on your TV or remotely, record it on the dvr and watch it later on the TV, but not watch the program on the dvr later remotely? What does watching a dvr recorded program remotely have to do with licensing that does not apply when you watch it off the dvr on your TV?

AWESOME point. I 100% agree. The television and movie industries are SO behind in terms of keeping up with technology. The music industry is so far ahead of the TV and movie industries in terms of licensing and finding ways to deliver content that we are paying for in convenient ways. If I pay for programming, I shoud be able to access it and watch it when and where I want. If I have to travel for business, I should not be punished and forced to wait until I get back home to watch my favorite shows. I don't have to do this with HBO Now. Get with the program, UVERSE!!! Learn from HBO!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.