ticea's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, April 1st, 2013 9:39 AM

how do i access my dvr from my computer

I'm new to the u-verse and since, i've had it for about a month and a half i have chatted online and everyone has been helpful but i'm once again in a stump... I first had problems with the Internet connection now i would like to access my dvr from my computer which i was told was one of the futures that are included with my package but all I get is a error message maybe i'm doing something wrong if so can someone help i have almost had it with typing back and forth with customer service over and over...

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

jayip54 - What specifically do you want to access? What do you mean by these? Please be as specific as possible.

In country or out of country is not different. In home & out of home is for some things.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

i will be on vacation in Cozumel and want to view some of my favorites from UVerse on-line while there on my laptop. I have been told that sometimes streaming is restricted by ip address.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

jayip54 - Anything is possible. I have not seen any posts complaining about that. I suppose a hotel could block some activity in order to make you use something you need to pay for.

You cannot view recordings on the DVR. You can only manage DVR recording.

Live or on-demand streaming on a computer is uverse,com via a browser. Use an app for same on portable devices. These are based on what level you subscribe to & quite reduced outside the home.

Consider a one month free trial for Amazon Prime, Netflix or HULU plus or any other that you can find for content.

Let me know if you find a source for current Jeopardy episodes.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

Or get a Slingbox and you can watch your TV whereever you go.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

So you expect us to pay outragous amounts for this TV service, when we were promised that we would be able to watch all of the content on our DVRs remotelly (the person at ATT when I signed up told me this as well as my installer) and then that ends up being a flat out lie and now we're recomended to spend $150-$300 on a Slingbox because of it?

Are you kidding me? How does ATT expect to keep customers like that?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 years ago

@MustangGrl wrote:

So you expect us to pay outragous amounts for this TV service, when we were promised that we would be able to watch all of the content on our DVRs remotelly (the person at ATT when I signed up told me this as well as my installer) and then that ends up being a flat out lie and now we're recomended to spend $150-$300 on a Slingbox because of it?

Are you kidding me? How does ATT expect to keep customers like that?

We've had Uverse for almost 8 years but different things are important to different people.  I have no need to watch my DVR content remotely.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

. . . other people might want to watch their dvr shows while traveling.  And it's simply ** that AT&T does not provide this service.  The records are accessible only via your password.  I have paid for the programming and should be able to access it where I choose, since the technology to accomplish this is already in place.  Just goes to show that AT&T is right there in the bin along with Verizon and other companies that don't give a crap about their customers.

[Please keep it courteous]

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

9 years ago

@bobothep wrote:

Just because you may have not left you home in 8 years does not mean that other people might want to watch their dvr shows while traveling.  And it's simply B S that AT&T does not provide this service.  The records are accessible only via your password.  I have paid for the programming and should be able to access it where I choose, since the technology to accomplish this is already in place.  Just goes to show that AT&T is right there in the A*hole bin along with Verizon and other companies that don't give a crap about their customers.

Is there someone forcing your to be a U-verse customer?  If you feel that another TV provider will give you what you are looking for, you should change your service.  Life is too short to be as unhappy as you are.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

9 years ago

@bobothep wrote:

Just because you may have not left you home in 8 years does not mean that other people might want to watch their dvr shows while traveling.  And it's simply B S that AT&T does not provide this service.  The records are accessible only via your password.  I have paid for the programming and should be able to access it where I choose, since the technology to accomplish this is already in place.  Just goes to show that AT&T is right there in the A*hole bin along with Verizon and other companies that don't give a crap about their customers.

I AM HURT AND OFFENDED THAT YOU WOULD ASSUME SUCH A THING.

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

9 years ago

Not trying to ignite any controversy. But just curious, if the issue of access recorded contents from DVR is the copyright, how come one comptitor offers the same? Does that mean they do pay for the copyright and content lisencing to allow their customers to download recorded contents from DVR to their PC?

Thanks,

Alex

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.