edgarlevin's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, April 3rd, 2011 10:56 PM

fox sports midwest blackouts

i just signed up for uverse hd and all of the fox sports channel baseball games.  it seems many of these are blacked out, specifically the cardinal games on fox sports midwest.  is there anything i can do about this to get the games?  if not i will unsubscribe for this service.  thanks for your help.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

Yes, that is correct.  The Chicago and surrounding area is only in the territory for the White Sox and Cubs.

Because you're not in Cardinals terroitory, the games will be blacked out.

On some TV providers, there is a sports package called MLB Extra Innings, which offers out of market games for the entire season for approximately $209 (can vary somewhat depending on the provider).

At this time, AT&T does not offer the MLB Extra Innings package for purchase.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

Do you live in the St. Louis Cardinals territory as indicated by the MLB blackout map?

If not, the game will be blacked out for you.  This is true on any TV distributor, not just AT&T U-Verse.  The rules regarding blackouts are set by Major League Baseball, and must be followed by every TV distributor.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

i live in the north suburbs of chicago.  does that mean the cardinal games are blacked out here - if i don't live in the st. louis cardinals territory (which i don't) then their games are blacked out?  is that how it works?

thanks again for your help on this.

Former Moderator

• 

325 Messages

13 years ago

Moved for better exposure

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

I live in Fairview Heights Il which is in the St Louis local area and should not be blacked out.  I wont to know why we are blacked out?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.