Explore & discover

Helpful Links

exercise tv on demand is gone, interactive app is extra work

Teacher

exercise tv on demand is gone, interactive app is extra work

Please bring back exercise TV on demand. It was convenient and easy to choose a complete workout video at various levels and exercise types. Sure, the interactive exercise app is more personalized, but it requires expertoise we do not have and extra time/work we're not really willing to put in. The interactive app requires extra work because one has to choose each individual exercise to put together a sequence for my workout. The interactive app requires expertize we do not have because it doesn't tell me what muscle group is targeted by each specific exercise, as if I knew that.

Bring back simplicity, please.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 8
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by frister
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: exercise tv on demand is gone, interactive app is extra work

Unfortunately, U-Verse cannot bring back something that no longer exists. ExerciseTV, which was not owned by AT&T, closed on November 25, 2011. Its Video OnDemand channel and website closed on December 31, 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExerciseTV writes:

"Launched in January 2006,[5] ExerciseTV was founded by Jake Steinfeld and created by Comcast.[6][3] ExerciseTV was available in the United States via Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications and Bresnan Communications.[1] The network was managed by Comcast, with New Balance and Time Warner Cable acting as additional equity partners.

ExerciseTV was a joint venture between Comcast, Time Warner Cable, New Balance and Jake Steinfeld of Body by Jake.[7]

ExerciseTV closed on November 25, 2011. Its Video OnDemand channel and website closed on December 31, 2011."

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (2)
Message 2 of 8
Teacher

Hello dwinth,

Oh, well. Thanks.

Message 3 of 8
ACE - Professor

Legitimate question:

Why are you just asking now about a channel that closed over three years ago?

I'm curious... Did you switch providers and then switch back to U-Verse?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8
Teacher

That was a good question. Here are the reasons:

a) because even last summer we could find workout videos on demand and now there are only a few dance videos available with uverse online and none at all when you do a search via the STB;

b) because someone else in the house suddenly wants to get back in shape after the holiday weight gain.

Message 5 of 8
Contributor

I switched from Comcast and was surprised there is no fitness channel as i was so used to working out with their exercise tv. Something i need to rethink.
Message 6 of 8
Contributor

AT&T,

Please put a fitness section in my on demand menu and fill it with a variety of workouts that can be done in my living room.

Please, and thank you!
Message 7 of 8
ACE - Expert

There are workout videos on the Interactive page.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support